“Pleasant experience”

L'Empreinte - cuisine soignee
Ranked #21 of 395 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Price range: US$10 - US$70
Reviewed 6 July 2018

All local food, bio, and very fresh. No menu, the chef makes what he likes to make. I did not want to have meat, but there was a good work around. Potatoe salad with lots of fresh herbs, and a home made currie with all good stuff from the forest. I could not refuse the dessert with local strawberries, homemade ricotta and chocolate crumble. The starter and dessert were excellent, the main course was a bit too much minestrone-like. But a very pleasant ambiance, nice Sauvignon with a bit of sour. I will come back for sure to let me surprise again. Very reasonably priced for the originality

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Frans K

Reviewed 1 February 2018

This was an ordinary Wednesday night, transformed into a culinary circus by this magical place !
The atmosphere is tasteful, delicate, without trying to compete for your attention.. The staff is lovable, quirky, knowledgeable and somehow, foodie nerds... thirsting for perfection. You just know that the food will not be bereft of imagination..
My wife and I are long-time afficionados of L'Empreinte but this time we were introducing the well-kept secret to a good friend who was "discovering" Sherbrooke. And.. OH what an experience !!
Dishes kept arriving at the discretion of the chef, who after a few simple questions served us exactly what our soul yearned for. I got a "wappiti" with cherry and wine sauce which literally blew my mind ( never have such tenderness met with such perfect taste !) My wife, a dedicated vegetarian was served an amazing aubergine dish and our friend a fish with a Peruvian sauce that was to die for. All this paired with a great wine from their extensive Cava...
For us, the heavenly part was the surprise every spoonful generated. I understand wanting familiar tastes.. ( who doesn't like a well made poutine ? Like an old familiar John Wayne cowboy film ! ) but THIS was like wandering into a film festival !!

We've made a habit of inviting our culinary snobby Montreal friends to Sherbrooke.. just for the food !!
Thank you guys.. you really make our lives better and our city proud.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Il y'a quinze ans depuis j'ai demeurez au Quebec comme ca excusez moi si je continue en Anglais. I am in Sherbrooke for two nights on business. I was looking for a fresh, creative dining experience close to my nice (but restaurant free) hotel. I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled across L'Empreinte. If you can find a more interesting dining experience this side of Montreal, I will be amazed. In fact, I was so stunned by the various tastings that I failed to pay attention to the ingredients so I am unable to give a proper report on the various small dishes that appeared. I can say that all ingredients were fresh and the combination of flavours was brilliant. The presentation was appealing without being over the top. The service was efficient and charming. I think I better go back tomorrow and give it another chance!!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2017

L'Empreinte offers a 5 course menu but we were in a rush so the owner offered us a 3 course menu for $35. There's no doubt that there's a lot of attention to detail in each plate. Flavors are interesting and innovative. We found it a bit expensive for a simple 3 course menu, although the desert plate was quite nice. But since choices are limited to 3 per course, so it has to fit with your taste of the moment. Service is warm and efficient.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Went back for lunch before Christmas. The service was not very good, but the place was very busy. The menu was much less interesting than the first time and the mac and cheese was very bland. The desert, however, was quite good. Will still go back because my first visit was just too amazing.

Date of visit: December 2016