Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 10/12/22
Hotels.comUS$146
TravelocityUS$146
Vio.comUS$146
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

I went to Sherbrooke to give a conference and brought my husband to have a nice, relaxing time.
The hotel is easy access, well placed and has AMAZING views!

But the staff never reacted to the bus full of kids just playing in the hallways (skating competition) and put them in the room right in front of ours when the other rooms were empty !!!!
Breakfast was VERY basic for the price of hotel and expect the 10$ parking fee.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jazzfang
Timeshotel-S, Responsable de la réception at Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay. We are surprised by your comment on the noisy group, as we did not receive any calls or complaints during the weekend. We cannot intervene if we do not know there is a problem. As for the empty rooms, we are also surprised by that since we were almost full the whole weekend. We are sorry you did not get to enjoy your stay as much as you could have. As for the breakfast, we are happy to offer you a complimentary continental health breakfast every day, in a comfortable and zen environment so you can start your day in peace. We try to maintain healthy and fast choices for our customers so that they can start their day and save time and money. We do not have, strictly speaking, a kitchen allowing us to offer more variety to satisfy the tastes of each one. We are sorry that this selection did not reach you at the time of your stay. Regarding the parking, it is indeed paid separately from the room fee since we have lots of guests that do not have a car, so do not have to pay for a parking place. Furthermore, all the parking in downtown Sherbrooke are payable. Once again, thank you for your comment regarding your stay!

Reviewed 2 December 2019

Nice hotel with nice location. It overlooks the Magog lake. Very clean, very modern looking. it has underground parking. Next to several decent restaurants. pool was small size, but nice. Gym is no bigger than your home gym. One bike and a few weights. Breakfast was mainly bread, cereal and fruits. No yoghurts, or eggs. Purely continental. overall decent hotel

Room tip: top floor penthouse nice views
Date of stay: December 2019
Timeshotel-S, Responsable de la réception at Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We are happy to offer you a complimentary continental health breakfast every day, in a comfortable and zen environment so you can start your day in peace. We try to maintain healthy and fast choices for our customers so that they can start their day and save time and money. We do not have, strictly speaking, a kitchen allowing us to offer more variety to satisfy the tastes of each one. We are sorry that this selection did not reach you at the time of your stay. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2019

I found the Grand Times Hotel to be quite a nice hotel with a big clean room and comfortable beds. However the fitness room needs to be improved - there is only 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical machine, a bike and some hand weights. Not only were there few pieces of equipment but the instructions were in French only which made them hard to follow. Also the treadmill was not very sturdy and it was hard to run on it. As one of the other reviewers said, the continental breakfast is very minimal with bread, fruit and coffee and juice - no pastries,

I stayed there to visit my children who are at Bishop's University and it was a $17 taxi ride there. The hotel was also conveniently located within walking distance of a Tim Horton's, a pharmacy and IGA and another supermarket.

In terms of staying there again - I probably would despite the disappointment with the fitness room and breakfast as it was a comfortable clean hotel, and I felt safe there.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank nnn1506
Timeshotel-S, Responsable de la réception at Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it.We are happy to offer you a complimentary continental health breakfast every day, in a comfortable and zen environment so you can start your day in peace. We try to maintain healthy and fast choices for our customers so that they can start their day and save time and money. We do not have, strictly speaking, a kitchen allowing us to offer more variety to satisfy the tastes of each one. We are sorry that this selection did not reach you at the time of your stay. We are sorry our fitness room did not reach your expectations. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2019

First impression of the hotel from outside looked great. Upon checking in, everything was dim, including the elevators and rooms. Overheard other guests complained if the hotel was trying to save on electricity bill. The staff were for the most part professional and accommodating. I had an issue with the bath tub where the water did not drain. There was a really bad stench in the room as well! There was no plumber or anyone to check it out on-site, but the receptionist offered to change room for me. Second room's tap barely had any water coming out, even when turned all the way. I was way too tired to go downstairs again so ended using the water in the bathtub. Made a complaint the next day about it to which the response was: "The water is OK!". Slight stench in this room but not as bad as the first one.
Breakfast was minimalistic, lots of bread and bagels.
Beds could be cleaner, found hair strands under the sheets.
Multiples charges on my credit card, with which I will have to sort it out in the very near future.

Otherwise, good location, nearby many amenities in the area. Not far from Universities and supermarkets.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Timeshotel-S, Responsable de la réception at Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with all aspects of your stay. We try to create an enveloping feeling by using textures, lights, music and even odour to set a memory easily associated with our hotel. That’s why we set up our rooms in way to create a cozy ambiance with soft lighting and minimalist style. As for the problem with the tap, we will investigate, as it is not normal that the pressure was off. Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. Every effort is made to ensure that our rooms are clean and that all items are there for your arrival. Unfortunately, sometimes our high standards are not maintained. This subject will be reviewed with the housekeeper and her staff and I will make sure to follow up with the senior management of the housekeeping company that is under contract with us to ensure that our standards of cleanliness are respected and that such a situation does not happen again.We are happy to offer you a complimentary continental health breakfast every day, in a comfortable and zen environment so you can start your day in peace. We try to maintain healthy and fast choices for our customers so that they can start their day and save time and money. We do not have, strictly speaking, a kitchen allowing us to offer more variety to satisfy the tastes of each one. We are sorry that this selection did not reach you at the time of your stay. We apologize for not being able to make you experience the Times experience as it should.

Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

Dear Hotel Manager and Owner,

First off!
Staff? Are you listening.....?
If you are....
YOU have all been very helpful and kind, nothing but good things to say about the people you have managed to employ at this hotel....

With that said.

Another freezing night in this hotel
It is currently 7:43am and 10°/51° outside and this hotel has the air conditioning on!!!

Even at the “high” of the day (24°/76°) I personally don’t think you would need A/C for this temp... or at least not much, absolutely not in the early AM at 10° with people outside with jackets and hats on!
The A/C runs all night in the Hotel.

You may be thinking.... why is this person being so picky?
Go to your room and set your own temperature, just don’t stay in the rest of the hotel.

I can’t because they have a lock on the thermostat in each room.
the lock only allows you to move the temp up no more than 2° than the set temp of the hotel ......
since my room stops heating at 22° I am assuming the hotel setting is 20°.... brrrrrrr
(I know everyone has their perfect sleeping temp, i need a higher temp otherwise I curl into a ball get under all the covers and start sweating..... going from freezing cold to cold to then soaking wet by your own sweat
This happened this first night and my husband and I had to switch beds in the middle of the night because of this.

Side note: where we live is currently 30-34° and we do not have or use air conditioning, you would only need to use it for a few weeks in the summer and it’s just not worth it....
For the money and for our planet.

My reason for writing this review is....
most people write reviews after they have left...
I however am still here which mean this hotel has time to fix this issue with grace and ease

The ONLY reason I am writing this.....
is the unfortunate response the staff gave me
( again the staff has been great, they have been told to tell me these things by their superiors)
when I kindly asked they please remove the lock on the thermostat system in my room, (after having an awful sleeping the first night we arrived after a long 24 travel from Europe....)
Their response was “no I’m sorry we can’t”
Hmmmmmm... can’t? Or won’t?

Let’s be honest here.

They offered me a space heater of which I have included a photo :(
this to me was a VERY unprofessional and sad attempt to appease my needs, we are paying approx $200 nightly, there are PLENTY of other hotels in the area that I’m sure would accommodate us just as well at half or near half the price...
Okay we wouldn’t be on the lake but at least I could sleep well.

I don’t think it at all appropriate to give your guests an actual fire hazard that is super noisy to use when you have a true, real and easy solution to fix the issue.

We chose to stay here for comfort and being close to the lake and town, and it is lovely here, the location is great
But I am still freezing my ars off.

So here I am at 8 in the morning, wishing I was still sleeping and it’s too cold for me to go just sit outside, the rest of the hotel is freezing (breakfast in an icebox anyone?)
so I am literally huddled in my room writing this crap with my shirt over this heater they gave me trying to warm myself up...

There are some other things I have encountered that I won’t mention here just yet... I am very curious to see how they handle my simple and valid request of warmth first.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Timeshotel-S, Gérant at Grand Times Hotel Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments during your stay. We are sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations. After a follow up with the staff, and considering how our air conditioning/heating system works (which is either air conditioning in the whole hotel or heating in the whole hotel), we have done everything we could to make your stay more enjoyable. We are sorry we were not able to make your room comfortable. As for the temperature in the lobby, it is always kept at a standard temperature of 22.5 and 23.5 degrees, all year long.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we are sorry that your stay did not reach your expectations.