“Old Sherbrooke Bistro ”

Cuisines: French, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely location in old town Sherbrooke. Comfortable street side cafe option offered. Was on a business trip in Magog and looking to enjoy French cuisine in Quebec. We were pointed towards Auguste. We choose to sit at an outside table. Service was especially good. We appreciated the special assistance in translating the menu. I enjoy my Sea Bass, but he winner of the night was the dessert. I loved the Maple sauce pudding and ice cream.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Great atmosphere bordering on that of a bistro, but with exceptional food. Both myself and my wife had pork dishes, but the pork belly stole the show! There is outside seating, but it is right on the road, complete with exhaust fumes! The air con inside was a little "fierce" but just ok!
One of the best restaurants we visited whilst in the area.

1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Restaurant Auguste
A great find – Wonderful food.
After a few days in Sherbroke we were looking for a special place to enjoy our last evening and we found it with “Auguste”.
One thing I have been doing lately is going to Trip Advisor to review the menu & the reviews and it paid off.
The Restaurant Auguste had a bistro fare; great décor & ambiance that made us feel special.
We did not make a reservation (the next time we will make one), the place seems full but they made room for us.
The service was 2nd to none & the menu items we chose were beyond compare.
Awesome experience!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Always a pleasure to spend an evening at Auguste. The food offering is inspired and delicious. Located on my favourite street in Sherbrooke, Wellington North, Auguste is always a delight. At my last visit I had the crab cake to start, served crispy and golden brown, the calf's liver, which was the best I ever had, and the pouding chômeur to finish all accompanied with a reasonably priced Bourgogne.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing brunch this morning! The food and the service were unparalleled. The decor of the restaurant is contemporary-classic. Our waitress Lisandre, the québécoise Adele, spent time explaining the menu "en anglais " for our friend who was visiting from Portugal. They have this awesome deal for $20 from 5-6 pm and after 9pm - worth investigating! Highly recommend and will repeat next time we're in Sherbrooke. Forgot to mention great café au lait and cappuccino!