“Iranian Food”

Persepolis Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 395 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Reviewed 12 September 2018

This is an Iranian restaurant. The meal we ordered was delicious. There is not a ton of variety on the menu-a mix of offerings of beef, chicken or pork, all with the same sides. The dessert, traditional Iranian ice cream, was fantastic. Recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018
3  Thank Wrld_Trvllr87

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

A lovely little Persian restaurant with authentic cuisine and very friendly staff.
A group of 20 gathered at this lovely place to celebrate a union of two hearts. Could not have had a better start for the families to get to know each other while delicious Persian food was being delivered with remarkable efficiency by just 2 people who had dedicated themselves to winning the hearts of 22 strangers from all parts of the world. In true Persian hospitality and flawless efficiency this is exactly what they did. Not only the appetizers were delicious but also the Geymeh Stew and the richly flavored Gormeh Sabzi ( you will need a generous portion of white rice to enjoy this stew) all served perfectly hot. Not a single piece of Kabab was left.
If is search of Persian food in Quebec and close to Sherbrooke give Persepolis a try. Certainly your tastebuds will award you and the experience a cultural Kodak moment. Don't be surprised if the regular locals talk to you. They are probably from Canada and proud to call Persepolis their own local hangout. We met a few and wondered if it was the food that made them so pleasant or the fact that they are from Quebec. For you to find out.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018

[#1] The When/Who/Why

We decided to try this place after spending the whole day enjoying the The Townships Route. My wife and I ended up in Sherbrooke in the evening and figured why not eat a good meal before heading back to Montreal.

[#2] The What

We ordered:
- Koobideh plate (lamb meat)
- Jojeh Kabab (chicken)

[#3] The How was it

Very tasty. If you don't like lamb, avoid the koobideh. I personally like it.
My wife loved her chicken. I tried it and it was delicious. Tender, juicy and full of flavour.
The basmati rice was well cooked.
At first, I thought the portion size was smaller compared to many Persian restaurants in Montreal but overall, it was satisfying.

Service was great and very friendly (welcoming). Love the ambiance in the restaurant. The music was great as well as the table setting. Very clean.

Price
Reasonably priced.

Would I go back
Of course! I would recommend this place to friends and family visiting Sherbrooke.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I really enjoyed the atmosphere & the food is so authentic! I went for my friend's birthday and the waiter made our experience so personalized and memorable!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Loved the food and ambiance. My husband and I had a great time over there and all in all a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: April 2018