“Definitely worth a visit”

Persepolis Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 357 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I've been twice now and the food and service is excellent. I had never had Iranian food before but the owner took the time to explain the dishes and how they are prepared. Simply great and I'll be going back for sure.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Visiting from Alberta - I have to say Sherbrooke I'm stunned this place is not jammed packed. The location, service, price and quality is what I'd expect would cause a stampede!

If you're reading this stop what you're doing and get there. In Calgary a joint like this .... you wouldn't get in.

Reasons:
1. Price - I challenge you to find a better meal at these prices that is not burger and fries
2. Portion size - you'll get plenty and every plate is a lovely melange of fresh veggies, flavourful adds like olives and chopped mint salad, pickles, cabbage etc.
3. The glamour of flavour - silky rice, subtle tangs, bold meaty tastes and exotic spices such as saffron and cardomin... Cmon... I don't care what language you speak it's fun to say you ate saffron and cardomin and hells bells they make things taste good
4. It's from Iran - when was the last time you ate something from Iran?
5. Education - face the TV and watch the videos of views and attractions of Iran... I had no idea is was so beautiful
6. Friendly - service is lovely and quick and the owner came out to speak with us... Asking why Sherbrooke and why her joint. Because trip advisor told me too and I did not want anymore poutine.
7. Corkage - bring your own wine

IMO I'd say get there... Proudly say you were when is was quiet and unknown. I hope it does well and continues to serve these dramatic Persian flavours.

Tip: try the tea after, the cardomin infusion is in house and I've never tasted stuff like it. Amazing.
Dinner: have beef kabobs for sure, broccoli salad and the negini.

Enjoy Sherbrooke... You're lucky to have them.

Alireza H, Owner at Persepolis Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you so much for your nice comment. We are happy that you are satisfied of our food and service and we hope to serve you again soon in Sherbrooke.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I went there twice, once for dinner with and once for lunch, with friends.
Nice, quiet, and clean, Service people polite and smily.
Well-dressed food dish.
Price, good.
Access, fine.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Food was good, service too. Owner came and chatted with us, asked our opinion, gave us some information about food, very interesting. The items I ordered were well prepared and presented. One of my friends had already eaten there several times (gave us recommendations of what to try and what we may wish to avoid) and the other 2 were newbies like me. Everyone enjoyed their meal!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Loved this restaurant - the food is great! The family style dining is very pleasurable and the restaurant is cozy and inviting.