“The breakfast to die for!”

and 1 more site!
Auberge J.A. Moisan
Ranked #11 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We only stayed one night at this delightful B&B but had a wondeful experience. Clement was so helpful and enthusiastic about his city and it's history. Although the room was small it was equiped with everything needed and had a comfy bed with lovely linens. His recommendation for dinner was fantastic. But the very best was the breakfast, absolutely amazing!!! To star,t a fruit smoothie, then baked grapefruit with yogurt and ginger bread like we've never eaten before, then Eggs florentien which were delicious. He said he changed the breakfast each day, would love to go back just to try more. The B&B is on quaint street outside of walls, but a very easy walk to walled city and old town. It was actually very nice because although close, it was not in the middle of all the crowds. There is no parking on site, but he will park your car for you which was a huge benefit. All you need to do is park in front of B&B with flashers on and he will take care of parking it. (it is a one way street so you can park on either side)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hhadaway

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful bed and breakfast over an old fashioned epicerie just outside the walls old old Quebec. The rooms are small but comfortable and beautifully furnished and the public rooms include a great out door roof terrace. The real star is the breakfast and host which are both amazing!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed four nights at this bnb and it was all we could hope for. Beautiful house and rooms, classy all the way.
The breakfast was really something special and a daily highlight. A true breakfast master in the kitchen! On top of this, the owner/host was genuin and very friendly, which took the stay from rating great to amazing!

We'll be back!

5/5 on the house
5/5 on host
5/5 on the food

Cheers!

/Daniel & Olivia

1  Thank J2029WAdanielh
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I don't readily review hotels/inns/B&B's but I am in such awe of our experience, that I wanted to review it right away (we're currently driving back home now).

We stayed 3 nights, and the experience was nothing short of spectacular. The house is wonderfully decorated and really brings you back to another era (and it is right above what seems to be the oldest grocery store in North America), and the bed was extremely comfortable.
The location is fantastic; you're within a 10-15 minute walk from just about anywhere in Old Quebec.

All that said, the host and the breakfasts were what really made the experience unforgettable. Clement, the innkeeper (with his wife), is the best host imaginable and has a wealth of knowledge of all things Quebec. I am certain he would have stellar recommendations for even people who think they have seen all that Quebec City (and anything within a 100 mile raidus) has to offer.

As for breakfast... After reading a few reviews on here, I had very high expectations which I thought would be impossible to live up to. How very wrong I was. Clement's wife provided us with the 3 best meals of our entire trip (and I honestly can't think of a better breakfast I've had in my life). Each morning we were greeted with a smile from Clement followed by a different smoothie, "small plate", and main dish.. Every day was something different (with many items I've never heard of); Clement admits his wife likes to experiment with different combinations of flavors (which I would never expect to but always worked fabulously).

I was shocked to learn that Clement and his wife did not plan to run a B&B (he's a retired civil engineer) but pretty much fell into it a decade ago. It's so surprising because this is by far the best lodging experience I've ever had. You could tell how much effort went into making such a memorable experience.

This is a truly special place (and needless to say a fantastic value), and I hope to be back (and convince a friend or family member to go sooner and share their experience with me). I feel that my trip to QC would not be remembered nearly as fondly if we had stayed anywhere else.

On a side-note- I was curious how this could possibly be rated as anything but the number 1 place in the city.. After investigation, I found just about every single review is 5 stars (and look at the shear amount of people who took the time to write a review, which is very telling); the lone review under four stars is from someone who didn't even stay at the house!

4  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Very good breakfast. The location is fantastic and the room is very comfortable. I would recommend this place to any one. I stayed there for three nights and I'd a good time and the manager is very friendly and helpful. I simply walked everywhere and the environment is quiet.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo