All reviews b bs gourmet breakfast multi course baked grapefruit saint laurent historic knowledge rooms are small bed and breakfast walled city pates common areas old city each morning parked our car queen size bed location is fantastic first morning
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful bed and breakfast over an old fashioned epicerie just outside the walls old old Quebec. The rooms are small but comfortable and beautifully furnished and the public rooms include a great out door roof terrace. The real star is the breakfast and host which are both amazing!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed four nights at this bnb and it was all we could hope for. Beautiful house and rooms, classy all the way.
The breakfast was really something special and a daily highlight. A true breakfast master in the kitchen! On top of this, the owner/host was genuin and very friendly, which took the stay from rating great to amazing!

We'll be back!

5/5 on the house
5/5 on host
5/5 on the food

Cheers!

/Daniel & Olivia

1  Thank J2029WAdanielh
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I don't readily review hotels/inns/B&B's but I am in such awe of our experience, that I wanted to review it right away (we're currently driving back home now).

We stayed 3 nights, and the experience was nothing short of spectacular. The house is wonderfully decorated and really brings you back to another era (and it is right above what seems to be the oldest grocery store in North America), and the bed was extremely comfortable.
The location is fantastic; you're within a 10-15 minute walk from just about anywhere in Old Quebec.

All that said, the host and the breakfasts were what really made the experience unforgettable. Clement, the innkeeper (with his wife), is the best host imaginable and has a wealth of knowledge of all things Quebec. I am certain he would have stellar recommendations for even people who think they have seen all that Quebec City (and anything within a 100 mile raidus) has to offer.

As for breakfast... After reading a few reviews on here, I had very high expectations which I thought would be impossible to live up to. How very wrong I was. Clement's wife provided us with the 3 best meals of our entire trip (and I honestly can't think of a better breakfast I've had in my life). Each morning we were greeted with a smile from Clement followed by a different smoothie, "small plate", and main dish.. Every day was something different (with many items I've never heard of); Clement admits his wife likes to experiment with different combinations of flavors (which I would never expect to but always worked fabulously).

I was shocked to learn that Clement and his wife did not plan to run a B&B (he's a retired civil engineer) but pretty much fell into it a decade ago. It's so surprising because this is by far the best lodging experience I've ever had. You could tell how much effort went into making such a memorable experience.

This is a truly special place (and needless to say a fantastic value), and I hope to be back (and convince a friend or family member to go sooner and share their experience with me). I feel that my trip to QC would not be remembered nearly as fondly if we had stayed anywhere else.

On a side-note- I was curious how this could possibly be rated as anything but the number 1 place in the city.. After investigation, I found just about every single review is 5 stars (and look at the shear amount of people who took the time to write a review, which is very telling); the lone review under four stars is from someone who didn't even stay at the house!

4  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Very good breakfast. The location is fantastic and the room is very comfortable. I would recommend this place to any one. I stayed there for three nights and I'd a good time and the manager is very friendly and helpful. I simply walked everywhere and the environment is quiet.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I don't give out 5* ratings very often; saving such praise for the best of the best. While some might reserve this category with the likes of the Chateau Frontenac, I can honestly say that this small B&B just a short walk outside the Porte Saint-Jean gate is every bit its equal without the madding crowd. It is located a historic building above a specialty old world grocery (of the same name) that, in itself, is a place worth visiting.

The food lovers paradise downstairs makes its way upstairs each morning in the form of the gourmet, three course breakfast, presented with a smile by the affable owner, Monsieur Clement. Believe me it is not to be missed. Everything made from scratch with only the freshest ingredients. We stayed three nights and enjoyed a new offering each day; each being nothing short of fantastic. I can think of no better way to start the day. One would pay a considerable about of money to trying to replicate this breakfast elsewhere in the city, but thankfully we could just walk downstairs in out stocking feet and savor both the cuisine and the serenity.

The rooms were small and the bathroom equally so, but the furnishings were lovely and very comfortable. Even in the dead of winter, in a old building, we were quite cozy. Our host Clement, as mentioned before, could not have been more accommodating. He helped park my SUV in their off site parking garage (for no extra charge) which was no small feat given the confines of the old city. He even retrieved it for me the one time we needed to venture out during our stay. His knowledge of the Old City and dining suggestions were all very useful and helped make our short visit all the more enjoyable.

To top it all off, everything in Vieux Quebec and the not to be missed, Petit Champlain is within a short 5-15 minute walk from the front door of Auberge Moisan.
It is not an exaggeration to say that a long as my legs will carry me up its narrow stairway to the second (and third) floor, I will no longer need to search for a place to stay in Quebec City. There is nowhere my wife and I would rather call "home'. Looking forward to visiting again soon.; perhaps in summer next time!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple