Owned and run by a fun young husband-wife team, Manoir d’Auteuil is a fantasy slice from a by-gone era – a boutique hotel in a grand old 1870s era mansion, across a park from the Assemble Nationale (provincial parliament buildings). Most of the rooms retain original fixtures from a 1930s remodelling in the Art Deco style. My parents stayed in the largest suite, with marvellous wood panelling and capacious seating area. I was in the suite that Edith Piaf favoured when she performed in Quebec City. The marvellous bathroom alone – floor and all 4 walls tiled in a shade of deep blue tiles that hasn’t been seen in 80 years – is bigger than a half million dollar condo in choice neighbourhoods of Manhattan or Toronto. Buffet breakfast is simple but delicious: fruit salad, yogurt, various artisan breads and seriously flaky Quebec croissants. It’s a short 2 block walk to the lively bar and restaurant scene on St. Jean Street. But the area around the hotel was very quiet at night. Not a sound but the last horse-drawn carriage, clippy-clopping slowly over the cobblestones. It felt like I was dozing off in a guest room at Downton Abbey, after the Christmas Hunt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir d'Auteuil invites guests to enjoy the glamour and elegance of our French art deco boutique hotel. We offer visitors the charm of our historic building, the personal attention of our devoted multi-lingual staff and the special touches found in the smaller and intimate hotels in Quebec City. Our location inside the old city walls, across from the Parliament building and near the Quebec City Conference Center, is ideal for tourists, business visitors and travelers seeking romantic getaways in Quebec. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City