All reviews van houtte st roch hotel restaurant nice hotel la table table restaurant elevators were fast high step min walk to old town basement parking rocking chairs funky shops calling taxis shower water beautiful church room service menu pool and sauna
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Our stay happened to be during La nuit des galeries and it was amazing that we were able to enjoy that since it ran along the hotel street! It was nice to stay outside of Old Quebec - we were able to explore other areas and restaurants we might not have otherwise. We enjoyed every part of our stay: drinks at the hotel restaurant, playing pool in the lobby, and the pool/gym. The water temperature in our shower was not consistent and would become very hot but overall was fine. If you are driving, I would suggest parking around the hotel instead of using their lot. There are plenty of free parking spots on the weekend. Last but not least, the receptionist, Andree-Anne, was very helpful and accommodating - thank you for the great customer service!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelPur, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel PUR, Quebec, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Bonjour mindy w,

Thank you kindly for reviewing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are indeed proud of our trendy Saint-Roch District and are happy that you found your place in this area. Rest assured that I will follow up with our engineering team about the control of water temperature. We are truly sorry about that and every measure will be put in place to rectify this situation. Thank you for your kind words about Andrée-Anne. I will happily pass on your good words to her.

In the hope to welcome you back at Hotel PUR, Quebec, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel!

Assistant Director of Front Office – Guest Experience

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My husband arrive late evening on Sept 18t after a long drive. He described the room as modern and nice. When he was about to jump in the shower, he found a dried spec of blood (shown in this picture).
Feeling appalled, disgusted and angry, he called reception to change rooms. He was told there are none available and they would send someone. To clean it.
Next day, our daughter and I arrive in his hotel room. We find another spec of blood. WTF!!! Called recèperions again to complain and asked for manager. Husband says they’re sending someone to clean and manager instructed staff to clean better. Good on them! Shouldn’t they. I’ve ya to another room? If they’re full, should they pay for another room at another hotel? They are owned by Marriott. They can’t make arrangements with them? This is a disgusting situation!!!! Unhygienic!!!!! Don’t feel safe in this hotel. If any of us get sick, it’ll be on them!!! Pur Hôtel, you should be ashamed!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelPur, General Manager at Hotel PUR, Quebec, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Bonjour Smarc75,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the situation you have encountered during your stay at our hotel. I am sorry for any inconvenience and I hope that you have appreciated that we changed you to another room on the second day of your stay. I would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations. Thank you for your time and I hope that the future will give us an opportunity to gain your confidence in our hotel.

Dominique Lapointe

Reviewed 19 September 2018

The male check in clerk spoke perfect English. He put us at ease and broke the myth that only French is spoken in Quebec. He was pleasant and efficient. Room with two king beds was comfortable. Safe was too high to reach easily.The wifi could have been better. At the end of the road is a fantastic 24 hour supermarket.There is also a massive church next to the hotel - it is worth visiting. Lots of eating places nearby. We strolled many times to the old town and it took us about half an hour.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelPur, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel PUR, Quebec, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Bonjour Uma K,

Thank you kindly for providing us with your experience following your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the assistance of our staff at check in. I will happily share your kind words to him. I thank you for your feedback about our safe and wifi. I will follow up with the concerned team.

In the hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Quebec City!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This Marriott property is located a little off the Old City Center but it has so much too offer. Big King beds, nice spacious rooms, all modern furniture, baths, gym, sauna, indoor pool, people who are friendly welcoming and speak english. Unlike most quebeckers they act like they are glad you are here, are helpful, informative and human like.

Now if you want the typical french Quebec experience, i.e.,smug, arrogant, unhelpful, inattentive and condescending interaction, all done in French, then the PUR is probably not for you. Bit if you want a great hotel experience at a reasonable cost this is the place. Food, pubs and shopping are literally only a few minutes walk away. City center probably a taxi ride.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bonjour Clyde B,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for an incredible 5 on 5. Your praises are greatly appreciated and we are thrilled to hear that we met your expectations and left you with good memories. We are genuinely happy to welcome and serve our guests with the greatest attention and care. I will happily share your comments with the whole staff.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel when your travels bring you to Quebec City!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights in August when we were visiting Quebec City. The check in process was very quick and efficient. The first room was very nice but there was a strange door. I went back downstairs and they promptly gave us another room. The second room was perfect and had no smell.

The beds and especially the pillows are very comfortable. Free Wifi was included with the room.

The kids used the pool which was nice but could only accommodate 10 people at a time.

The parking is 25$ per night with unlimited in and out privileges. The underground parking garage is of the tightest I have seen.

The neighborhood where the hotel is located is somewhat sketchy...

Overall nice experience... I would however stay in the « haute ville » next time...

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Bonjour Martin S,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor following your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that issues were rectified with efficiency. I am however sorry to heart that we did not meet your expectations with our location in the emerging Saint-Roch District.

We would however always be happy to welcome you back at our property when your travels bring you back to Quebec City as we thrive to provide incredible experiences to all of our guests.