All reviews st roch nice hotel van houtte la table table restaurant high step basement parking funky shops shower water beautiful church room service menu hotel restaurant pool and sauna old town a newly renovated room floor to ceiling windows wine bar
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband arrive late evening on Sept 18t after a long drive. He described the room as modern and nice. When he was about to jump in the shower, he found a dried spec of blood (shown in this picture).
Feeling appalled, disgusted and angry, he called reception to change rooms. He was told there are none available and they would send someone. To clean it.
Next day, our daughter and I arrive in his hotel room. We find another spec of blood. WTF!!! Called recèperions again to complain and asked for manager. Husband says they’re sending someone to clean and manager instructed staff to clean better. Good on them! Shouldn’t they. I’ve ya to another room? If they’re full, should they pay for another room at another hotel? They are owned by Marriott. They can’t make arrangements with them? This is a disgusting situation!!!! Unhygienic!!!!! Don’t feel safe in this hotel. If any of us get sick, it’ll be on them!!! Pur Hôtel, you should be ashamed!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
HotelPur, General Manager at Hotel PUR, Quebec, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bonjour Smarc75,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the situation you have encountered during your stay at our hotel. I am sorry for any inconvenience and I hope that you have appreciated that we changed you to another room on the second day of your stay. I would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations. Thank you for your time and I hope that the future will give us an opportunity to gain your confidence in our hotel.

Dominique Lapointe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The male check in clerk spoke perfect English. He put us at ease and broke the myth that only French is spoken in Quebec. He was pleasant and efficient. Room with two king beds was comfortable. Safe was too high to reach easily.The wifi could have been better. At the end of the road is a fantastic 24 hour supermarket.There is also a massive church next to the hotel - it is worth visiting. Lots of eating places nearby. We strolled many times to the old town and it took us about half an hour.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
HotelPur, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel PUR, Quebec, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bonjour Uma K,

Thank you kindly for providing us with your experience following your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the assistance of our staff at check in. I will happily share your kind words to him. I thank you for your feedback about our safe and wifi. I will follow up with the concerned team.

In the hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Quebec City!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This Marriott property is located a little off the Old City Center but it has so much too offer. Big King beds, nice spacious rooms, all modern furniture, baths, gym, sauna, indoor pool, people who are friendly welcoming and speak english. Unlike most quebeckers they act like they are glad you are here, are helpful, informative and human like.

Now if you want the typical french Quebec experience, i.e.,smug, arrogant, unhelpful, inattentive and condescending interaction, all done in French, then the PUR is probably not for you. Bit if you want a great hotel experience at a reasonable cost this is the place. Food, pubs and shopping are literally only a few minutes walk away. City center probably a taxi ride.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Clyde B,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for an incredible 5 on 5. Your praises are greatly appreciated and we are thrilled to hear that we met your expectations and left you with good memories. We are genuinely happy to welcome and serve our guests with the greatest attention and care. I will happily share your comments with the whole staff.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel when your travels bring you to Quebec City!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights in August when we were visiting Quebec City. The check in process was very quick and efficient. The first room was very nice but there was a strange door. I went back downstairs and they promptly gave us another room. The second room was perfect and had no smell.

The beds and especially the pillows are very comfortable. Free Wifi was included with the room.

The kids used the pool which was nice but could only accommodate 10 people at a time.

The parking is 25$ per night with unlimited in and out privileges. The underground parking garage is of the tightest I have seen.

The neighborhood where the hotel is located is somewhat sketchy...

Overall nice experience... I would however stay in the « haute ville » next time...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Bonjour Martin S,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor following your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that issues were rectified with efficiency. I am however sorry to heart that we did not meet your expectations with our location in the emerging Saint-Roch District.

We would however always be happy to welcome you back at our property when your travels bring you back to Quebec City as we thrive to provide incredible experiences to all of our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel checking was quick and effortless. The desk clerk had shaving cream for me when I ran out of mine. The rooms are bright and airy. The beds were comfortable and clean. There is a Nesspresso machine with coffee for you and complimentary water in the room. The bathrooms have tubs and showers and everything is quite new and clean. The hotel is located in an up and coming neighbourhood with bistros and brew pubs and excellent restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is located about 1700 metres from the heart of Old Town. Easily walked.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Bonjour Bigcityd,

Thank you kindly for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your experience with us and for an amazing 5 on 5. We are thrilled to hear that we met your expectations for a great stay and your kind words are warmly appreciated. I will share them with the whole team.

We hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Quebec City!