“Gone to the Dogs”

Ranked #90 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Prescott, Arizona
“Gone to the Dogs”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in all of Canada.
From the paint pealing from there 10 story building to Fleas in the room Dogs barking all around me in other rooms, What possesses people to bring there damn dogs with them when traveling anyway mine stays at Doggie Dude Ranch, Prescott, AZ.
No laundry, no free breakfast, Pay for Play business center, Total Bu!! $h!t.

If you want it you will Pay big time here, Skip this dump.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Eric N, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel & Convention Center Quebec City, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our Hotel.Needless to say I was disspointed that we have not been able to meet your expectations during your stay and most importantly that we did not have the chance to meet you to rectified what has been percieved by you as negative points. As being a pet friendly hotel we have a designated section where we accept dogs which is on the first floor to ensure dogs are close to an exit. All of these rooms have extra care with cleaning, after all 1 housing out of three in america owned a furry companion. As for the other amenities that you were looking for we do have laundry machine available at the hotel as well as dry cleaning service, we also have a dining room that feature daily full hot and cold buffet. We also have free internet access internet in our business center and many more other amenities that can make your stay more enjoyable needlees to mentionned that we have 130 rooms specialy designed for business including leather executive desk chair , heated floor in the bath room, citiy view from the tower and more, If you happen to visit quebec again in the near future we would be happy to make you live the true expoerience our hotel has to offer.

Respectfully

Eric Normand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I was at the hotel for business reasons. I was responsible for coordinating food for the vegans and vegetarians. To help the process, we submitted potential recipes well in advance. The hotel (eventually) got back to us agreeing to use the submitted recipes.

Upon arrival, it turned out that they had not prepared anything for breakfast (for ANYBODY, vegans or otherwise) so we needed to use the hotel restaurant's "stock" items. For me, this meant a breakfast consisting of a couple of strawberries and some "from concentrate" orange juice.

Later, we had lunch, and none of it even remotely resembled anything I had submitted. But, I trusted that a chef at a good hotel must know what they're doing so I ate it. Half an hour later, I'm quite sick. I talk to the chief (via a translator) and he says "oh yeah, the date square!" .. he AGAIN promises to use my recipes and says that for any meal where he doesn't, he'll provide me with all the ingredients so that I can be sure it's vegan.

lunch arrives.. it's a buffet.. and I've been given no ingredients, so I'm forced to go to a grocery store. Dinner arrives, no part of dinner has anything to do with any of my recipes. The main course is cous cous. I figure, they can't possibly screw up cous cous. I'm proven wrong, and sick for the second time, and it turns out they used butter.

For the remainder of my stay, I'm forced to make arrangements to eat offsite and try (and fail) to coordinate it with the conference events, since the hotel isn't close to anything at all.

The moral of the story is : if you're planning a conference here, don't trust anything the hotel tells you. They'll say whatever they feel like saying and then do whatever they would have done anyway.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Quebec City hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Stayed here 2 nights and although a little bit out of the city, its easy to get in by the local bus. Room was fine and clean and the public areas ok although it could do with some brighter colours here and there.
Good breakfast but be aware that there is no restaurant for evening meals. There is however a good Asian fusion restaurant quite near and if you stay at the hotel you get a free cocktail!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Eric N, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel & Convention Center Quebec City, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Dear guest
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your most recent stay at our Hotel. I was pleased to acknowledge that you encounter a pleasant stay with us. I am glad that you have experience the bus transportation to go down town as it avoids expensive parking cost. I will share your comments with our front office staff as it is important to inform better our guest that there is many restaurants in the area at less than 10 minutes walk. Once again thank you and we are looking forward to serve you again
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Clarion. It is, however, a little remote, about a 20-minute drive to downtown Quebec City. The staff was particularly friendly and accommodating and the rate was lower than anything I saw on typical travel sites. Recommend this and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 7th floor - it was very quiet there.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your most recent stay a tour hotel. I was pleased to acknowledge that your enjoy your experience at our hotel and we are looking forward to serve you again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Clarion Hotel is nice but the outside is dated.
The front desk staff are fantastic and always has a smile on there faces.
The Rooms have been renovated most of the top floors.
The location is set in a quiet area of Ste Foy,but 2 min from the highway and you can be in Old Quebec in 10-15 min easy!

After visiting some other hotels recently this hotel is good,but the price can come down a little , because they are not in the same class like the Westin Bristol class hotel. There price is almost the same as the higher class hotels, and that should not be.

Room Tip: Book the Top Floor Executive rooms quiet and nicely decorated.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Robin L
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments concerning your most recent stay a tour hotel. I was pleased to acknowledge that you experience a good stay with us and most importantly that you encounter great response from our staff. We are looking forward to serve you again