“Great affordable stay”

Hotel Motel Bonaparte
Ranked #70 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 11 March 2017

It was a good value for an affordable place to stay. We were only looking for a clean place to sleep and this place was perfect for this purpose! We would book again! The only downside was no breakfast but there is a restaurant on place and a few others very near!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Milie H

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Room was great, small but super clean.
No fear of dirt or bed bugs.
Close drive to the city.
Parking right outside our door.
We booked this hotel on our way to quebec city and it was a great choice.
Free coffee in lobby.
Lady was helpful with information on what to see.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank thebritcanone
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband came to Bonaparte to celebrate new 2017 year. We came on December 31, check in did not take long. Though people scared us that in Quebec nobody speaks English, we were pleasantly surprised that they actually do)) The receptionist lady was very nice and polite. The room looked the same as on the pictures. The price and quality are on the same level. Everything was working in the room, no issues and no complains. In addition the room was very clean and the housekeeping would come every day. Moreover there was no extra noise in the hotel and the residents were very friendly too. By the way the attached restaurant was very good. Tasty food and convenient location. I would recommend this place to my friends.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olgaKripak
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We stayed at this motel for one night (I understand there is also an actual hotel at the property?).

While the place was relatively cheap (though still far from the city) it was simply not worth it. The motel had a very trashy feel to it, the room smelled of smoke, and the bedding was clearly not washed properly since it had a slight hint of vomit odor to it. We also couldn't stop scratching while in bed and felt disgusting sleeping there but since we got there so late we just wanted to pass out.

Overall this place is very subpar relative to all other places I stayed at (including our tent). Will definitely not stay here again and do not recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vadik_B
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We were going to be in Quebec City for one night, this time on a stricter budget, and we found Hotel Motel Bonaparte through Trip Advisor. The (relative) price was good, the reviews were overall OK and the pictures looked better than I'd expect for the price, so we booked. The info was clear, check-in at 4:00 (check-out at 11:00), but we arrived in Quebec at 1:00 and wanted to drop our bags and go get some lunch and start seeing the sites, so we passed by the hotel. Well, the reception at the reception was crisp at best. I said we had a reservation, she asked for my last name, I gave it, she put it in the computer and asked for my first name, I gave it (I guarantee you there wasn't someone else with the same last name) and she entered it. I explained that I knew check-in was at 4, but asked if we might check in now? She said the room wasn't ready. I said ok, when might we come back? 4:00 - blunt, to the point, no explanation. Now, their check-in time was clear when booking, but I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and I've never found one that wouldn't at least try to accommodate an early arrival. Here, there was no attempt to accommodate, explain or apologize. It was so blunt, we left feeling snubbed and wondering if we'd done something wrong. Came back at 4:00 and checked in with a different person at the desk - no friendlier. I was confused about the total amount compared to the booking confirmation (which made it seem that there was a last minute reduction). No. I asked about the telephone fee of $2.99, for which the booking info said "There is a CAD$2.99 fee for telephone use." I wasn't planning on using their phone. She said it was written in the reservation. The room lived up to the photos, was large, clean, nicely painted. But everyone else we met in Quebec City was warm and welcoming - not at Hotel Bonaparte. As the saying goes, "You never get a second chance to make a good first impression." My advice, expect it, ignore it and go enjoy this beautiful city.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple