All reviews fridge and microwave resto bar room was clean good size city quebec
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We were going to be in Quebec City for one night, this time on a stricter budget, and we found Hotel Motel Bonaparte through Trip Advisor. The (relative) price was good, the reviews were overall OK and the pictures looked better than I'd expect for the price, so we booked. The info was clear, check-in at 4:00 (check-out at 11:00), but we arrived in Quebec at 1:00 and wanted to drop our bags and go get some lunch and start seeing the sites, so we passed by the hotel. Well, the reception at the reception was crisp at best. I said we had a reservation, she asked for my last name, I gave it, she put it in the computer and asked for my first name, I gave it (I guarantee you there wasn't someone else with the same last name) and she entered it. I explained that I knew check-in was at 4, but asked if we might check in now? She said the room wasn't ready. I said ok, when might we come back? 4:00 - blunt, to the point, no explanation. Now, their check-in time was clear when booking, but I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and I've never found one that wouldn't at least try to accommodate an early arrival. Here, there was no attempt to accommodate, explain or apologize. It was so blunt, we left feeling snubbed and wondering if we'd done something wrong. Came back at 4:00 and checked in with a different person at the desk - no friendlier. I was confused about the total amount compared to the booking confirmation (which made it seem that there was a last minute reduction). No. I asked about the telephone fee of $2.99, for which the booking info said "There is a CAD$2.99 fee for telephone use." I wasn't planning on using their phone. She said it was written in the reservation. The room lived up to the photos, was large, clean, nicely painted. But everyone else we met in Quebec City was warm and welcoming - not at Hotel Bonaparte. As the saying goes, "You never get a second chance to make a good first impression." My advice, expect it, ignore it and go enjoy this beautiful city.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NorthernAccent
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We visit Quebec City twice a year to visit family. Our room was in the hotel section on the 1st floor. The room was very quiet (considering the hotel was full), very clean and AC was good. The staff was friendly. Having the fridge was great. There was lots of parking. cons: No coffee machine/free breakfast and the bath towels were small. We have stayed at HoJos and Super8 previously but this is our hotel of choice from now on. I would definitely recommend it for a good, clean cost effective place to stay.

Room Tip: prefer hotel side on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cricket_baby
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We were in the Hotel, not in the motel this time, the hotel is newer and we enjoyed it. The cutains pole was loose and fell down, reported it to the Front desk lady which was very polite. Everything was ready on time, and the hotel is secured. We would good back. The Zenith resto Bar, in the hotel is an excellent quality restaurant, staff is polite and you get a 15% discount if you are booked at the Motel/Hotel. The also have daily special for guests, discounts can't be used if ou select one of the daily special, because it is already at a reduces rate.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank alainm14
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We paid a fairly good price for the room we got. Since we didn't spend too much time in the hotel room what with visiting, I think it was good value for what we paid. It was a small room with everything we needed in there: fridge, microwave, wifi, AC, etc.
Our room had a parking spot for our vehicle right outside the door and there was one small step to go over.
There is a McDonald's located within walking distance from the hotel/motel.
For what we got for the price, it was alright.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2016

We took a mini-vacation to Quebec and decided to make reservations and stay at Hotel Motel Bonaparte, its on the outskirts of Quebec City. When we arrived we were greeted by the front desk, they had my reservation no problem I had booked thru Trip Advisor. We stayed in the "Cheaper" Motel section of Hotel Motel Bonaparte. Probably should have kicked in the extra bucks to stay at the Hotel section. The Motel section is a row of outside entry motor inn type motel rooms. Reminded me of the 60's and 70's with the old key, and something you would see at at cheap beachfront community. There is nothing much in this industrial neighborhood.
The room was very small, old fashion, with an old fashion bathroom ,small toilet and tub, no closet, did have a flat screen TV (very small) but serviceable, the bed (mattress) was not good, woke up with a hip pointer and aching back but I am not complaining because it was CLEAN, and Inexpensive, very reasonable and for the most part quiet. I didn't expect Ritz Carleton and I didn't get it, but Clean, Quiet and Cheap is just fine for one night. I probably would invest the the fancier Hotel section, looked more modern and up to date. There was an onsite restaurant there, we passed on, was on the expensive side and didn't get great reviews (except by management) we drove a couple of Km and ate at Scores Vanier at 1075 Blvd Wilfrid-Hamel.

Room Tip: opt for the Hotel unless you are ok with cheap cheap
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple