“Good location but noisy on the street side.”
Review of B & B Saint-Louis

and 1 more site!
B & B Saint-Louis
Ranked #41 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2014

The location of this B & B is fantastic BUT there were MANY features that would keep me from staying here again. The breakfasts were fantastic during the first three mornings (different EVERY day and freshly made) but was inedible on the fourth morning! I guess they don't want their guests staying more than three nights. The room was shabby and tired looking (not perky like the online photos lead me to believe). The bathroom was tiny but at least it was clean. It was raining while we were there but I would hate to stay there in the winter - not sure if I'd be warm enough as the place was drafty. The hosts were friendly but not knowledgeable about where landmarks are located (ie: the cannonball in the tree was only steps from their door heading toward the center of town and Madam Balti said it was heading up towards the city wall). I was very off put by their "for only $5 I could tell you ... ". I didn't find that cute and endearing. They did not tell us we had to pay our bill with cash (the internet site didn't specify) and the room had a posting that stated that and since we don't travel with that much cash, I mentioned it to Ahmed and he said it would be fine to pay with our credit card. The room was on the street side and was very noisy for sleeping.

Room Tip: ask for one on the back of the building
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suzie C

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This place offers you, above all, a unique experience while staying at Quebec. The owner is very kind and everyday you will find a new surprise, in particular in the delicious and tasteful breakfast. If you like old-stylish houses, you'll be amazed with this one. Location is perfect, right near the center and less than 5 minutes walking to the congress center (perfect since I was travelling to a conference).
On the downside the owner speaks no english, so you'll have to be prepared to practice your french (if you have it...). Although it was no problem for me, the mattress was too soft.
In general, my stay here exceeded my expectations, and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiago V
Reviewed 29 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Claudio R
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The BnB Saint Louis is a very familiar place; very cozy and Mdme Balti is a very nice person, who provides special breakfasts with changing food each morning. It also comes with homemade jam and fresh fruit juice. The location is close to the heart of Quebec City so it is very convenient to start exploring the city from there. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Madam Balti is such a kind hearted person, so is her husband Ahmed. They took our reservation via email just hours before we arrived. Very convinient location and right in the middle of beautiful quebec city. We looked forward to the scrumptuous breakfast each morning, before we headed out to tour the city on our bikes. we were able to park our bikes as well as car easily in the area. Very affordable B&B and will definitely recommend to my friends. Everyone should visit Quebec city - it is such a beautiful quaint city!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple