“Tasty French Dishes”
Review of Brasserie 701

Brasserie 701
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie 701 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 6,372 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Quartier International
Cross street: St-Jacques
Transit: Metro: Place d'Armes (Orange Line) Bus: 55
Description: Inspired by Paris’s golden-era brasseries, Brasserie 701 welcomes you in a chic decor with its grandiose neo-classical architecture and a lively ambiance. The kitchen serves French brasserie classics from breakfast through supper every day, with brunch served on weekends.
Reviewed 11 July 2015

More of a Bistro feel (e.g., noisy with DJ). Large party delayed main course by 30 minutes. Without commenting the manager comped us a round of drinks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

I love this resto, it always seems to hit the spot. Great cocktails. I'll sometimes ask for something off menu and the bartender Will impresses me every time. The food is great as well, perfect for a date night, out with a group of friends or just want some good food. I love the tartare and salads and then will try something new every time but I always save room for dessert! They're epic. Also, you can grab a drink on their beautiful rooftop terrace after and make things a little more romantic ;)

Reviewed 4 July 2015

For a hotel restaurant this place is great for both breakfast and lunch. My wife and young son accompanied me on a business trip and because my son is three it was more convenient to eat in than go out for meals. The menus weren't very large but everything we tried was very tasty and the service was very friendly and efficient. Our breakfast servers Antoine and Pierre were exceptionally warm to us during our stay and made us look forward to breakfast every day.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

We decided to eat here because we were staying at the hotel. I have to say that this meal was one of the highlights of our weekend in Old Montreal. The meal was terrific and well worth the price. We both couldn't believe how good the streak tasted. Highly recommended. The atmosphere and staff were top notch. We will return next time when we are in town.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We absolutely loved this little restaurant/bar. The atmosphere was awesome!! We had Martinis and dessert and both were to die for! The decor is gorgeous and it had a really cool vibe to it. I wouldn't say it's necessarily the place to take your kids...it is more a place for adults to relax on a Friday night, have some conversation and enjoy great drinks.
It's a bit pricey, but average for a good place in Montreal and well worth it!

1  Thank Erino90