“Love love love!”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St-Catherine
Description: It is said that laughter and good times are fuelled by exquisite food. All of these can be found at Ferreira Cafe, Montreal's veritable ambassador of Portuguese cuisine. Warm and refined, while chic and relaxing, Ferreira Cafe continues to be a true favorite of among Montrealers.
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I come here every year with my husband on our anniversary and it never disappoints. We just dined there this evening and our waiter was informed that it was our anniversary by the hostess (we casually mentioned this when we reserved two weeks ago) - he noted this and added candles on our dessert as a little surprise and i must say, it was a pleasant surprise! We also asked for the table by the window and they made it a point to make sure we got that table. Excellent customer service. Our waiter was very professional and we never had to look or wait for him as he was always around when we needed him ! As for the food - I had the tuna tartare appetizer and the porcini crusted cod and they were both amazing. For dessert, I had the chocolate soufflé and it hit the sweet spot perfectly. Definitely at the top of my fav Montreal restaurants.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Went here for a birthday dinner as it was close by our downtown hotel. I love Portuguese food, and this place is as authentic as dinner in Portugal itself, even the tiles, the only thing missing is the ocean!

The food is excellent, we shared a seafood platter and a dessert sampler. Wine list highly impressive and nice to see recognition of the excellent wines of Portugal. I will come here every time I visit Montreal. Service is very good, despite it being a busy night and we had no reservation. Price point actually very good considering high quality food and lovely, romantic ambiance.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I came here for our early Xmas team lunch. We started with an appetizer shared by all. Grilled Octopus with hummus, grilled calamari, salmon tartar all memorable and delicious dishes. The one least liked was the small sardines, very fishy! For the main dish we wanted the cod on the lunch menu however they didn’t have any left so we took the Black Cod on their regular menu. It was delicious memorable and definitely I would highly recommend as it’s a signature dish. It’s 57$ but we’ll worth the price because it’s absolutely perfect. For dessert we had the dessert platter of Portuguese traditional treats. Everything was perfect and memorable. The waiter was amazing and the service was personalized and attentive. Now I’m looking forward to come back. We had 3 bottles of wine, 5 people and the bill was 478$ plus tip. It was well worth the price for all this food and the quality is exceptional.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent, the service is impeccable and the portions are fair.

They start by bringing you olive oil and fresh bread. The olive oil is top quality and delicious. Then, we botg tried the crispy octopus as appetizer and it simply blew my mind! I wasn't expecting that...this was one of the best I ever had. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to olive oil and octopus.

For main dish, I took the cod, shrimps and spinach Gratin. It was perfectly cooked and really tasty. My friend was very happy with his catch of the day. It was a mackerel grilled to perfection.

For dessert I ordered Nata and asked the chef to flambé them with coniac which he did skillfully even if it wasn't on the menue. We enjoyed our Nata with a decent expresso.

Now, this is not a cheap restaurant and you need to pay extras to get the good stuff but it was totally worth it. I am definitely going back again. BRAVO CHEF!

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

The food and atmosphere is excellent. This restaurant is consistent year over year. The restaurant was packed on a cold Monday night in Montreal. My sea bass melted in my mouth and our waiter expertly deboned it for me.
I love this place.