“Great food!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: St. - Viateur
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Awesome restaurant! Great food, amazing service and a wonderful atmosphere. Cannot beat the freshness and quality. Always a great meal.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I have been here many many times for lunch and supper. This time was a business lunch, we had the whole fish, (porgy), cooked & seasoned to perfection! Steamed vegetables also cooked perfectly. Don't fill up on the bread - it is too delicious! Soup to start, yummy! Baklava ice cream to finish - divine! Service is excellent and very friendly.
At other times I had the lamb chops - succulent! The price for the lunch menu is super reasonable - and the place was full (always seems to be) for a good reason. in a word - GO!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We went to Milos on the cold Friday November 10 evening and were quickly warmed up by the fantastic cuisine and chic atmosphere. I had been to MIlos 2 times before; for dinner 25 years ago and for lunch last year. Even if I had a souvenir of an exquisite cuisine, last Friday's dinner made me wonder why I had not gone back more often for dinner. Well, the only reason is probably the bill -when there are no special promotions or festivals-, because yes, it is expensive. Milos has an international status, yes it has restaurants in major capitals but also the food, and the bill are of an international level. For example, if you are used to good restaurants in London U.K., you might even find Milos Montreal cheaper than some restaurants over there. But, for sure, even if the bill can be quite high, depending on the wine mainly, you won't be disappointed, they are perfectionists. There is no compromise on quality. The Greek salad was perfection in a salad! I must have eaten at least 20 Greek salads in Greece and this one was probably the best. The olive oil is to die for! I would have liked more than 1 olive though, because it was so meaty, so perfect that you just can't have only one even if it was huge! The whole fish in salt crust was heavenly good and the baklava and ice cream dessert sweet but not too much. The menu said the fish came with root vegetables but we got broccoli instead, well , we did not complain because again it was perfectly cooked. What else can I say, the place is beautiful, all white, spacious, maybe noisy when there are groups on the main floor since it gets a little animated. We were lucky as a couple to be seated on the lower floor, in front of the glass doors of the wine cellar. The table was quiet, all dressed with a white cotton tablecloth, and there were only 2 tables at that particular spot; it was very intimate; we appreciated it. We could hear each other speak and listen to the good background music as well
The service is fabulous as well. Valet service, coat check, and knowledgeable waiter. (I think his name was Frederic). Even if he was quite busy, he took the time to explain the menu, answer all our questions and was always there when we needed him.He was very classy and friendly at the same time. As for food, there is no compromise with service there. In summary, we were delighted by all the aspects of our evening. We were lucky to get the special promotion of the "Montreal à table" festival. The 3 course menu was at 41$ (cnd + taxes + tip= + minimum 30%) and it was I think by far the best deal in all that festival. It was unbelievable to eat at Milos for 200$ with wine, for two. Normally it is quite higher, but we learned that some nights after 22:00 there is a late night 3 course meal for ...25$! What?! That seems impossible! (Call before to make sure) For North American, it might be a little late for dinner, if by chance you are from Spain, that is your place! But, with or without special prices, you MUST try Milos at least once. It is perfection in simplicity. We will go back even if there are no promotions, we KNOW we will spend a fantastic time and keep good memories. Wow!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

From start to finish this was one of the best meals ever. We had a table near the kitchen which was so much fun to see all the meals whizzing by. What was really cool was seeing all these fish that is flown in from Greece and other places just a few feet away. GM David Chano has his act together as staff delivers a five-star experience from being seated to leaving. Service was incredible but the freshness of our whole two-pound Lavarki ( Greek Sea Bass ), to sashimi quality octopus grilled over charcoal to salads, dessert, wines apps was incredible. Loved how staff carefully explained what menu items which actually was only three on the menu that my gluten-free wife should avoid. Cannot wait to return or visit one of their Stateside restaurants in Las Vegas, South Beach or NYC.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Everything about this place is spectacular. The servers, the drinks, the food, the atmosphere. We had the salted Mediterranean Sea bass and I was blown away. The oysters are the best I've ever had and the wine recommendation was perfect. I seriously cannot wait yo go back! This is not your usual run of the mill Greek restaurant. This is a food experience like no other. Take your time, and just savour it all. You'll be craving it for days after you leave...

1  Thank nycluvr