All reviews old port starbucks attached lachine canal minute walk modern hotel corner room peel street walking distance to downtown underground parking breakfast restaurant port area room key floor to ceiling windows lawrence river cab ride front desk staff rooms are clean
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed by the staff that greeted us when we arrived. She was very helpful and made some great recommendations that made our stay much more pleasant! As she had informed me the day before, our room would not be ready until later in the day, which was fine - we had the spa package and went right there after giving her our check in information.

That evening, we finished checking in at around 9pm and finally got to our room after a lovely adventure in Montreal, she had left us a little treat to wish us a happy anniversary! So sweet and very much appreciated! ❤️ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The room was modern in an industrial style and the cloud bed was just that...however, it was a little too soft for hubby and I and it made for an achey night. (-⭐) Just right for an afternoon nap before check out though.

We were pleased to see that the hotel advertised "no check-out time" as we were spending the day and evening exploring the area some more before going home and wanted a base to come back to if needed.

When I went to the front desk in the morning, the staff had changed and the person who served me did not have the same friendly welcoming attitude as the staff who had helped us the day before. She stated that check-out was at "typically at noon."

Then, when I asked about the no check-out time as advertised, she asked when we wanted to check out and I said around 3pm? She made a phone call and when she hung up, informed me the best she could do was 2pm, as the cleaning staff needed to clean the room. I completely understood but still, it could have been been handled better (-).

The up side of that exchange was the parking. As we walked everywhere, we were able to keep our parking spot (included in our room rental) until we finally left for home. Driving in the area would have been frustrating and hard to find parking. The spot at the hotel was perfect! (+⭐)

Thank you!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at Alt hotel in Ottawa and loving the concept and experience, I decided to book a stay at the property for 1 evening in Montreal. The area has an abundance of shops, shoppers drug mart and some restaurants within reach. Metro walk is about 12 minutes from hotel.

The front desk team at check in were very friendly and helpful. Also was a smooth, quick process.

The room was on the 14th floor close to the elevators. The room was not clean in any standard. There were long hairs on the sink in the bathroom, in the shower and also on the bed spread duvet had curly hairs. There was also a lot of dust as well that you could easily see with the eye and the sun shining through the blinds.

The shower towels seemed very used and not soft to the touch.

I left the room for dinner with a friend and mentioned to the operator to request someone to clean. No one ever came. I returned late in the evening to the hotel and had to check out for an urgent matter without sleeping in the room. The gentlemen at the desk mentioned to contact the manager to have them potentially credit me for another stay given the circumstances.

Upon talking to Rachel over the phone end of week, as I am planning on returning to MTL this weekend approaching, she offered a discounted rate in the future (same price as hotels.com) but stated nothing could be done to redeem the stay as many people check out at anytime and that it’s a non refundable, non transferable rate (we don’t care). She didn’t even acknowledge the matter or state “ I hope everything is alright”. Loyalty and compassion is not something present at Alt Montreal. Also no manager ever contacted me regarding the cleanliness of the room or again bothered to clean the room. I didn’t even bother to bring up the room issues over the phone as clearly they don’t look at their notes or would care I feel.

Alt Montreal has a long way to go to prove it’s on par and same level of customer satisfaction as its other properties. It doesn’t take pride in cleanliness or guest retention and could care less about guest expectations in this category. I wouldn’t recommend it. For the price of 280$ a night it’s not worth it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Julie B, Directeur général at ALT Hotel Montreal Griffintown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear CanJAD,

Although your review is probably the worst I've ever read .... I would like to thank you for sharing it with us.

Besides the very friendly and helpful front desk team comment, I do not recognize our property at all in this review.

Please contact me directly as our guest satisfaction is THE MOST important aspect of our daily activities.

Looking forward to speaking to you,

Julie

Reviewed 21 September 2018

The Alt hotel is the most unique experience I ever had at a hotel. You need your key to access everything I mean everything even to get to your floor on the elevator, as well as turn on the lights in your room.
The room itself is very clean, bed is very comfortable.There is no refrigerator in the room but you can access food and drink down stairs.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Noelle W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and .... future travelers !

The reason why you need your key to access floors in the elevators is only for your security ... this way only guests of the hotel can access those floors.

Also, for your next visit, please let us know if you will need a mini fridge in the room as we have more than 30 rooms that are equipped with small fridges but as you mentioned, you can also access a variety of products in our lobby and we love it when you enjoy our common areas ... it keeps us company at the same time :)

We hope to see you again soon,

Julie & the friendly team at Alt Montreal

Reviewed 15 September 2018

The hotel is very nice and modern. The room was clean, staff was excellent and the hotel is very convenient to everything. You can walk to Old Montreal! We had a wonderful stay. I would strongly recommend this hotel. It has all you could ask for.

Room Tip: Single queen room was plenty of space
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Julie B, Directeur général at ALT Hotel Montreal Griffintown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Terri B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and to recommend us .... we truly appreciate it !

You are definetly all we can ask for too :-)

Looking forward to having you stay with us again,

Julie & the Alt Montreal team

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I only stayed one night after having attended a wedding but the reception staff was very polite and helpful. The room was very clean. The only thing I didn`t like was that the bed was VERY soft but that`s my preference; one of my friends said she felt like she was on a cloud.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo