“Innovative healthy and very enjoyable.”
Review of Biiru

Biiru
Ranked #322 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This is a new type of Japanese restaurant, at least for me. I was in Sept. 2017, just being in Montreal. Parked in front if it and decided purely on a whim to go there for lunch with my wife and son.
Great place to have "shareabke" Japanese. Many choices....all done well. Service was friendly and helpful. Only one thing....they only had one Japanese beer.....must be a Société des Alcohols thing.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Location is great, centric but in one of the quiet streets downtown.
The terrace/patio is lovely, nice decoration and even though it was packed we were able to keep a conversation without issues.
We ordered drinks, one was super good and tasty (cannot remember the name but it contained sparkling wine). The other one was bland and with hardly any alcohol.
The food portion is very small, it's tapas size meant to be shared.
I really enjoyed our visit but I have to admit that it's overpriced.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The hostess who greeted us was fairly abrupt when we tried to bring our toddler into biiru yesterday for dinner. They only could seat children under 18 outside because they have a BAR liquor license and not a restaurant one. But when my husband asked to speak to a manager they didn't even give him an estimate for a wait on an outdoor terrace table.
Very disappointed and offended. Would have loved to take our Japanese food loving 2 year old here for dinner!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Came in for lunch on a weekday. After unraveling the menu (not being a Japanese food expert) we order only two dishes (against the advice of the waiter). The food tasted excellent and felt enough for a light lunch. 4 stars only, for the slight disappointment in that there is clearly an effort to run the restaurant to a trendy concept, rather than just sticking to honest good food. I would certainly come back, as this is something I can easily tolerate. This, along with the pathetic crowd of young affluent professionals in full suit.

1  Thank Luigi C
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We were seated in the window and handed food and drink menus. The drink menu had, at some distant point, been covered in one of the beverages described thereon, and had since wrinkled and become sticky. The food menu was literally mouldy. This is the kind of thing that puts you right off. If you don't want to handle the menu, why would you want to eat the food? Looking around, the window was awash with dead insects. I started to get chills, not least because the air conditioning is set to "fridge". Cocktails are low alcohol and the beer is out-of-this world expensive. A can of Sapporo in a supermarket is less than $3, so why is the same can here $12? The food is a mixed bag. Fried chicken is actually good, with juicy bits of thigh. Ribs, pretty decent. Gyoza seemed under-filled and under-seasoned. The brownie dessert is served fridge cold with ice cream, and would be improved 1000% if it were warmed up a bit. Meal for two, sharing, plus one drink each, $100 including tip. This is casual pub stuff? Give me a break.

2  Thank Boddice