“Great Restaurant”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

We were at Acajou for lunch this weekend. We ordered Coxinha and Feijoda to share. The food was great- good portions and definitely tasted homemade. Great service too- very friendly. Will definitely go back to try more of the menu.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch today at Acajou. Small, cosy place with a good variety of Brazilian traditional dishes - vatapa, feijoada, muqueca (fish or shrimp), etc. We ordered a feijoada and a muqueca - both were awesome. We also had some coxinhas as entry plates.
You can find many different Brazilian typical juices (my wife had a good Cajá juice) and drinks (guaraná).
Service is also quite good.
Great place in Montreal if you are looking for a typical Brazilian restaurant for your family or friends.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Since I went last year and enjoyed it so much I decided to bring my husband and other friends to this resto. Was not as good as last time and that was a big disappointment since I raved about this place. First the waitress needs to speak and understand either french or english. Slow service is an understatement. I odered my steak medium well and it came medium which I personally dont like but I settled because I did not want to return my plate. The amazing casava patatoes that are served with the platter are so limited that its just a tease. My husband had the pork chop platter which was very tasty but instead of white rice he asked to replace it with the famous casava patatoes. The waitress brings him cold regular french fries. So I tell her we dont want that and then wait again for the correction. When we were done we had to wait again to get her attention to bring us the bill. For the amount we paid I think the portions were not satisfying.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We went to Acajou a couple of times. Very nice, friendly staff. My wife and kids loved the picanha, and I enjoyed my feijoada very much! The owners are so nice! We have to go again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

The restaurant has the typical Brazilian food. The food was so delicious. Good customer service. My friends and I are from Toronto with Brazilian background and we loved all the dishes we had there. I highly recommend this place in Montreal.