“Delicious food in homey environment”
Review of Gado Gado - CLOSED

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Ste Catherine
Transit: Metro Station Guy- Concordia: take sortie Guy, turn left on Ste-Catherine, then turn right on rue Mackay.
Description: Authentic Indonesian cuisine in convenience downtown Montreal. From mouth watering lamb stew, ayam (chicken) kecap to our special grilled mackerel with red pepper sauce in affordable and fixed price menu. Group Special menu can be requested in advanced. Easy access by public transit, easy parking on the street or parking lot.
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I was craving some flavorful spice-heavy food and decided on Gado Gado. It was our first day in Montreal and even though the restaurant is in the midst of touristy Montreal, it was quietly tucked away. The food was beyond delicious (we tried mostly seafood and vegetarian dishes), and the staff super nice.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I was planning to go to the next restaurant, then when I noticed Gado Gado I realized its Indonesian food, so I changed my mind and walked in the restaurant. The food is super good everything is high quality, the service as well is fast and the owner is very kind and helpful with the menu. Its ten stars if i can i will give it 100 out of 10. Definitely I will come again and again.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Loved the music, the variety of food, the authentic taste of the dishes. All their satay dishes are excellent, we found the gado gado (a salad) to be less strong in peanut than the original ( sauce was not as thick as in Indonesia) but it may just be to accommodate their customers. Loved the fish cake wrapped in banana leaves. Food is not necessarily too spicy (my kids loved it). Try the dessert, especially the multi layered rice cake (rice flour and coconut milk), nice!

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Tast food , great service. Place is uncomfortably tight but it's worth it. Get the mixed grill - get extra garlic sauce (side of potatoes) and enjoy. The puffy things were yum as well. Would go multiple times if I lived around here.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We were excited to see that they offered a Rijsttafel - the Dutch version of an Indonesian fixed price selection sampling a wide variety of Indonesian food. $36/pp. And boy did they deliver! It was a relatively slow night when we ate here, so the server (and may be proprietor) walked us through everything. We loved it and probably wouldn't have ordered many of the deliciousness if we went a la carte. We look forward to returning.

1  Thank loveDCA