“More than I expected”

Auberge Casa de Mateo
Ranked #100 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed at casa de Mateo for the osheaga music festival with some friends. I had been there but this time was the best of all. First Of all, the earliest check in is at 3pm, however, we arrived from NY at 11 am and there was no problem and no additional cost at all! The breakfast is included in the price, but I have to say that it's HUGE it's sort of "all you can eat" which is awesome for young tourists with a small budget. The staff was friendly and they are always smiling, ready to serve you. One of then even helped us for more than 45 minutes. He showed us all the interesting spots around the city. We learned that there is much more to see than the usual "turistic places".

Finally I would like to add something. It's shocking to see how people blast places with bad reviews just because they don't get informed enough in advance. I mean, if I have a"health problem" and I can go up the stairs, I get informed and ask in advance if the place I'm going to stay in, has an elevator. It's more than obvious. It's not the hotels fault, they have their own policies.

Anyways!
Thanks casa de Mateo. I'll be back! Montreal and osheaga rules!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank VeronicaVenezuela
There are newer reviews for Auberge Casa de Mateo

Reviewed 1 August 2011

The office is always closed. People who work at the reestaurant are friendly but they should not be in charge of the hotel.
Nobody helping people at night and there is NO ELEVATOR. I have health issues so I should not climb stairs. I asked for a refund and they said you need 72 hours to cancel a reservation!!!!!!! That is ridiculous, they just want to take your money and have that place full.
The pillows were dirty and I had to cover them with our clothes. The shower was disgusting the floor was grey.
There is no parking...
Parking is expensive in the sres
Stay somewhere else

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Clean and nice B&B in old town. Short walking distance from metro (Place d'armes) and Rue st. Paul. Great Mexican restaurant with authentic food. Breakfast was plain, but will fill you up. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank C-koette
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Thanks to all the staff at Casa de Mateo for making our stay very comfortable . The breakfast included in the price is really generous, something you don't expect if you consider the prices. The location is just the best one you can find in the old Montreal since its close to public transportation and all the places of interest in the area. The staff was really helpful. They even helped us find a new apartment since we are starting a new life in Montreal, and we came all over from Venezuela.
We had a great time!
thanks for everything again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank VeronicaVenezuela
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Although it is quite cheap, it is not cheap enhough for the way you are being treated. We booked with hostelworld, and they charged us 100 dollar more than we agreed upon. The hostel is not that clean, floor a full with paint. And they are very unflexible, when we asked for the breakfast to be a little bit earlier this was not possible.

Although, you can sleep here fine, the staff is just so unfriendly that this ruines everything, you feel very unwelcome.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business