2,852 results
All reviews old montreal junior suite rain spa notre dame exposed brick rooftop bar chocolate covered strawberries beautiful hotel electric fireplace high ceilings jacuzzi tub perfect location turn down service huge bathroom beautiful room hotel bar hardwood floors
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel gets very good reviews, and the photos look great. We stayed for four nights and, though it has some nice features, the hotel did not meet our expectations. Among the nice features are a great walk-in shower, very nice soaps, creams, and hair care products, comfortable bedding, nice robes and slippers. But service was not great and I came away with a feeling of being nickeled and dimed to a degree.
First, their web-site is not user friendly when trying to book a room. I ultimately called the hotel to reserve our room. The phone rang and rang and rang and rang before I got someone to help me. I ended up upgrading twice to get the brick wall room-décor they feature on the web-site. After the conversation to book the room, I thought Junior Suites had somewhat of a separate “living room”. Nope. Ours did not.
I took “advantage” of a pre-paid 25% off deal, but afterward learned that they eliminated the inclusion of breakfasts in that plan. So you’re not really getting 25% off.
Prior to traveling to Montreal, I asked about whether they had any bikes for guests. They had 2 bikes for rental. Apparently only 2. It seems to me that when you are paying $300+ per night, an urban hotel could have bikes available.
They advertise that they have cars to offer shuttling within a specified radius. Their valet staff does the driving, so they are not always available. We went to dinner one night and I asked in advance if we could call and have a car pick us up afterward. Our restaurant was within the prescribed radius and the desk-attendant said that at 9:30 a valet would very, very likely be available to come get us. We finished dinner, called, and nope, no car to pick us up
The night before checking out, I arranged for a cab to pick us up and take us to the airport at 7:50 a.m. At 7:15 I checked to make sure a cab had been arranged. Nope. They had no record of it, though I had watched a desk-attendant enter it on a sheet the night before.
The concierge and help at the desk just didn’t seem self-assured when asked for advice and let us down more than once.
The performance, nickeling and diming, bad art-work throughout just didn’t jive with the image they present to prospective guests. It's a close call, but I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Based on all the glowing reviews, I was very excited to stay here. Boy, was I disappointed! After traveling within the Quebec province for two weeks, this was the worst of our stays. First off, we arrived at 2:30pm and were told that if we could wait for 30 minutes, they would give us a room with the best city view on the sixth floor. I immediately said yes, since this was the last night of our vacation- and that we'd grab a bite to eat while we wait. We returned after our early dinner, soaking wet from the rain- only to find out that no one had told oncoming desk staff that we were supposed to have a sixth floor room (with the great view). We were given one on the fourth floor with "the same view". It actually had a great view... of treetops. Needless to say, I was mad.

About 30 minutes after we got to our room and unpacked, the manager calls and offers to change our room to an upgraded junior suite. We had already unpacked so we declined. I'll admit that was very kind - but a little too late.

But what really seals the deal on my review is the room itself. We had a classic queen room which was incredibly small. The grout in the shower had mold (ick!). And lastly, the sheet on the bed had a 4 inch tear in it. For what you get, paying $296 Canadian dollars is a lot for what I would consider no better than a motel room.

The only saving grace for this hotel is that the location cannot be beat, the valet staff and early morning desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Hence, I am giving a two star rating and not one. Hopefully, this review will be a wake up call for the hotel and attention to detail will not be overlooked. I really wanted to like this hotel.... :(

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time visit. Nice hotel rooms are new, big and clean. The staff are highly professional and polite.

The hotel is located in a nice calm area of Montréal. In walking distance to old harbor
Looking forward to another stay

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Mads O
Alexandre C, Team Hospitality at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Bonjour Mads O
Thank you so much for choosing Place D’Armes Hotel, we definately apprecitate you giving us 5 stars. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We thank you again for taking the time to provide such a GRAND review and we look forward to having you stay with us soon!
Regards,
Alexandre Cheron, Team Hospitality

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well located, somewhat quirky, boutique style hotel with spacious room and large bathroom with 'drench' type shower.
Reception and check-in were good and efficient but hotel was let down by its chaotic breakfast service. Tables were not set properly, buffet choice was poor (e.g. no plain yogurt) and not quickly replenished, you had to ask for everything and after being shown to your table the staff seemed to ignore you. It seemed like every day was the first day that ever tried to organise breakfast. Very poor.
Nonetheless we had a pleasant few days and it's location and reasonable price make this a good choice and save its rating.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HonestScotken

Bonjour HonestScotken,,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing this detailed review. We are happy to read that overall you enjoyed your experience with us.
Please note that your feedback is important, as it helps us work daily on meeting our guests expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Best Regards,
Alexandre Cheron, Team Hospitality

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Luca/reservationist was so helpful and wonderful! He helped make my 50th Birthday so great! The junior suite was comfortable and cozy. I highly recommend this hotel. It sits right where notre dame is old world. Dennis who checked us out was kind as well. I can’t wait to come back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tonia H

Bonjour Tonia H,
What a pleasure it is to read that your 50th birthday experience with us was a wonderful one.
Thank you for your kinds words in regards to Luca and Dennis, we will be sure to share it with them. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Best regards, Alexandre Cheron, Team Hospitality