“Was good 5 years ago but....”

Hotel Faubourg Montreal
Ranked #75 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Newmarket, On
“Was good 5 years ago but....”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Checked in last night, am supposed to stay till this Friday. For $20 bucks a night, you are asked to squeeze your car into a parking garage under construction, barely 1 lane wide. Then tonight, I come back from work, jump in the shower, and when getting out here a door card swipe, and 2 ladies come walking in who were given a card for my room!! What if this had happened while I am not here?? Front desk guy says ""well, 2 ladies, not bad eh"??
Room is dirty, probably the least of my worries right now. I travel on business a lot, and had decided to give Holiday Inn another chance, and this is what I get.

Room Tip: In another hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I always stay here for business, and it is a good location, the hotel is a little bit old but clean ,I dont think a new counter top in the bath room will change the way I sleep , the beds are comfortable, the staff is very friendly and courtious, Sales Manager David will do what whatever it takes to make your stay more enjoyable.I have stayed in 5 star hotels before for business and got half the service this hotal can give some of these hotel charge up to $200.00 a night, not worth the money. This hotel does not have a bar and it dosent need one as there are tons and tons of bars and restaurants in Mtl and im sure that you will have more fun in a regular bar/restaurant then the bar at Days Inn! A huge bunch of great restaurants within 15 min walk.Food in Montreal is great!Ii love comming here

Room Tip: if you are a family ask for the room with two queen size beds, i stayed here with my family and we e...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
New York, New York
Reviewed 28 November 2011

we choose this hotel for one night stay in downtown Montreal on 11/24/11 mainly because of its location (walking distance from bus station and old city). location was good but the room was filthy. The carpet wasn't cleaned for a long time. when you walk from the bed to the bathroom, underneath of your feet gets black instantly. there were hairs in the bathtub. so, they have a serious housekeeping/cleanliness problem. otherwise it was okay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
N/A
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I booked the hotel for 1 night, the guy at the reception was really helpful and kind.

The reservation department made a mistake on my last name, and I made a mistake not written down the confirmation number, which lead the guy on the front desk not to see my reservation, I had an option to make a new reservation on the front desk, but the guy didnt want me to get doubled charged, and he wanted to make sure to solve the problem, which at the end it turned out that the reservation department made a mistake spelling my last name.

Gave me my room number, internet access code, and asked me if I need anything else he will be glad to help. (good service attitude)

OK now I reached my floor. there was some odd smell on the floor as soon as I entered, however once I'm in my room everything was normal and no odd smell.

the room was OK nothing above average, but comparing to the price I paid I would say its above average value. And the pictures on their website is somehow old and its not exactly as how it is, the moment I checked in. (probably way way outdated)

as of now I would recommend it to someone who looks for the best value he cant get under $130 a night in a suite room, kitchen and willing to pass the con's I mentioned above.

Room Tip: I had the one room suite
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Crucial info: The Days Inn the next block over has a bar. This one doesn't.

That aside, the relatively inexpensive and massive suites easily and comfortably sleep four people (for no additional charge!) with the pullout sofa. Our showerhead dripped, and the televisions are the old-fashioned tube variety, but the beds were comfortable enough. Oh, and there was weirdly one day when they didn't come to clean.

The free continental breakfast was exciting every day though, with fresh cinnamon rolls, apples and bananas, English muffins, bagel, bread, oatmeal, four varieties of cereal, a pancake-making conveyer belt, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, bacon or sausage, plus some egg dish (scrambled or omelettes--beware that they may have meat though!).

Free wifi in the rooms, a fitness facility we didn't get a chance to check out. We were there for a convention at the Palais de Congres, and the walk was easy and quick.

The 747 bus takes you to and from the airport, but make sure you're paying attention to the stops, or you may end up at the terminus in the dark of night, sad and alone in Montreal. In other news, a cab will cost $38.

Oh, and there's no room service. You do have to venture from your bed to be fed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business