See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2005

My husband and I stayed in this B&B during our stay in Montreal. I had booked it based on the location (it looked fairly central) and the fact that it offered parking on-site. I was not disappointed-we could definitely use this as a good central home base to explore the city. The innkeeper, Marion, was a nice, motherly type who kindly offered to wash some of our clothes rather than send us off to a laundromat, as we were halfway through a 2 week trip and were nearing the bottom of our suitcase. She also gave us an orientation when we arrived, sitting us down in the dining area with a map and pointing out major landmarks in relation to the inn.

We stayed in the Cool Rasberry Room-very nice room with antiques and an ensuite bathroom. One caution-if you are modest, you may want to use the restroom in the hall, as the bathroom is not behind a door for privacy. It is in the room, and while there is a curtain and of a course a door to the room you can close, I still felt a little weird using the toilet in there-I wound up using the one in the bathroom next door. Also, there are no TVs in any of the rooms, which didn't bother us much, but just in case that is must for you.

While the breakfasts are not home-cooked, Marion will go out of her way to get the type of food you may like on the table. She bought grapefruits and salmon and teas for us, as well as the cereals and breads and jellies that she already had. She likes to sit and chat with her guests during breakfast, which is a nice way to start your day. Her dog, Taj (hence the "Chez Taj" in the name of the place), is the sweetest house dog and you will definitely become friendly with her. She sat with us through breakfasts and greeted us at the door when we came in at night-we definitely enjoyed staying somewhere that felt like a home.

Date of stay: May 2005