“Take the taster menu”
Review of Damas Restaurant

Damas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Damas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 6,172 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$38 - US$57
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Outremont
Cross street: Fairmount
Transit: http://maps.google.ca/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=damas+restaurant&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=damas+restaurant&hnear=0x4cc91a541c64b70d:0x654e3138211fefef,Montreal,+QC&ei=AzUGTs_VD_Kt0AHLrpX7Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&iwloc=cids:16638936419623292014
Description: Damas, an upscale Syrian restaurant located on Avenue Van Horne. You will be charmed by the Oriental decor and most impressed by their refined and rich cuisine. This modern but authentic gastronomy will make your mouth water with all their specialties starting from the fattouche, the appetizing mouth-melting lamb leg to the cherry kebab. The blend of aromas and the tasting of the delicious preparations will make the experience worthwhile.
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Being of Armenian-Lebanese-Syrian descent, I’m used to most of the food that was served. But Damas takes it to a whole new level. Everything was excellent. We took the taster menu and we loved it all. We got octopus, shrimp, lamb, chicken and fish as well as all the traditional sides like hummus and Fatoush salad. Desserts were excellent too. I would go back to this restaurant anytime and highly recommend it.

1  Thank lizamuffy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I heard this retaurant was good but you have to reserved in advance and I could never
get a reservation but when I did go; the food was the best middle est food I had in Montreal, for my husband that came from that part of the world was the same experience fantastic food. For me was especially the baba ghanoush was so well smoke delicious. We had very good service. Now I understand why this restaurant is so busy. The decor is nice.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

It is a very big and successful place, not somewhere to go for a romantic evening, only for the food. Many of the dishes are available in Montreal at various middle-eastern restaurants; tahini, hummus, brochettes, grilled fish, etc, but here they have brought it to a level of fine dining. And the cocktail bar makes perfect drinks. Very attentive and professional staff.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I came here on a Sunday evening with two friends and the place was packed, always a good sign. We ordered the tasting menu and our waiter was flexible in changing dishes to ensure our favorites were included. The service was top-notch, the food was spectacular and abundant and the ambiance was great. Do order the cocktails, we each had a different kind and equally loved them. Everything was fresh, bursting with flavour and satisfying! What a place!

Reviewed 21 November 2017

It had been a while since we have dined there!
And I had forgotten how good the “fattoush” salad was!
We had Shish Taouk de Damas Damascus style marinated style chicken breast homemade pickled salad, potatoes with sumac and homemade ketchup. And we also had Bamia which is Quebec lamb shank braised served with rice.
The staff is really nice.for dessert “ganafe”! Youhave to have dessert
A must.... call to make reservations! In advance!
If you want a quiet supper reserve early!