“Surprisingly nice restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Met a friend here and we got a seat at the counter. I normally do not like to sit at the counter, but the staff was so welcoming and friendly and full of humour so I completely forgot and was just enjoying myself. I loved the food! Wonderful food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We had a great dinner at this restaurant. The menu is very original and they are very good at combining flavours.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

After reading a few reviews, I decided to go here tonight. The reviewer who mentioned not to let the facade fool you piqued my interest.
As I approached the address, a familiar VCR repair sign above the door way reminded me that I had been here before. I know what some may be thinking: if it was so good how could you not no the name. Trust me it wasn’t the first time this has happened.
All of the previous posts that raved about this place were accurate so it seems pointless to blab on about the food, wine, desserts and service. They are all good as mentioned.
One of the true tests of a restaurant is does it match your first experience the second or third time around. In this case, the answer is yes and I can’t wait until I come back to this wonderful city and return to this fantastic place.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Let me start off by saying that by any normal standard, the food here was good. When I say that the food was just okay, I'm essentially comparing it my experiences dinning at 3 star Michelin restaurants, because that's the level that the restaurant is aspiring to.

I'll set out the positives. The service was friendly and impeccable. Everyone was very knowledgeable. The ambiance is also very nice, not stuffy at all, and not a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles. The tasting menu itself was also very creative though the execution was just okay. The wine selections were innovative and went well with the food.

I'll move on to the food. Again, the dishes sounded great, it's just that at the end of the day, I wasn't particularly impressed with the food. Don't get me wrong, it was my best meal in Montreal, but it just didn't quite compare to restaurants of this price-range in places like NYC, Barcelona, and even Toronto and Vancouver. But I imagine 90% of people who haven't been to 3 star Michelin restaurants will enjoy this. The comparison is not quite fair because a 3 star Michelin restaurant will be about $250 vs $70 so for the price it's not a bad deal.

2  Thank TorontoJose
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Well prepared fresh food, great service, and fair process. Excellent oysters presented nicely, pasta and very good, great bread, delicious venison, and outstanding scallops. Nice ambiance. Wine list was a little pricey and wanting.