“it's a cute place”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Cross street: St-Catherine
Transit: Metro station: PLACE-DES-ARTS (GREEN LINE) Exit Jeanne Mance BIXI: Corner of Bleury street et Boul de Maisonneuve West (see: http://montreal.bixi.com/stations/)
Description: Taverne F is Ferreira's new born from the Ferreria group. Located in the heart of the effervescent Quartier des Spectacles, in a luminous and relaxed atmosphere, Taverne F is a must for all foodies. Chef offers a savoring petiscos menu - word for portuguese version of tapas - in which he favors fresh market produce with a Portuguese touch! His inspiration? 'I hope to offer our clients perfumed, light and typical Mediterranean dishes, a region where I come from, along with Portuguese accents in which olive oil will be my sole instrument!' He explains with enthusiasm. The service is friendly and discreet which adds to the wonderful dining experience at Taverne F.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I did not know this was portugese food when I went. I was a pleasant surprise. Original, tasty and with a great wine list. We managed to eat fast enough before our show. It's a convenient place.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Pleasant waiter
Sat on the terrace with heat lamps which help a little. Started with cod cakes which were perfect then I had the octopus which was also great.
Others had the beef Tatar which looked very good but lacked a little spice.
The calamari were very good according to another guest.
We finished off with the natas and the caramel cake with pear ice cream which was fantastic.
Will definitely return.
Thanks

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We were very satisfied with Taverne F. Wait staff were helpful suggesting two people would enjoy 2 items from the first course menu, 2 from the second course and 1 from the third. We would decide on dessert after. The fried calamari were so good, the cod cakes were tasty, pork cassoulet and caldeirada were both excellent, as were the sauteed vegetables. We shared everything, but had to pass on dessert. We will return!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Loved the octopus. Loved the sardines, loved the burger. My favorite lunch place 3 minutes from the Montreal Hyatt.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I had a nice meal with friends at Taverne F before going to the Opera .
The food was excellent , but the servings are small . The grilled calamari is super .
Our main dish of cod was very tasty and seemed fresh . I will definitely go back .
Service was also efficient .