“Convenient location next to Place des Arts”
Review of Taverne F

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Cross street: St-Catherine
Transit: Metro station: PLACE-DES-ARTS (GREEN LINE) Exit Jeanne Mance BIXI: Corner of Bleury street et Boul de Maisonneuve West (see: http://montreal.bixi.com/stations/)
Description: Taverne F is Ferreira's new born from the Ferreria group. Located in the heart of the effervescent Quartier des Spectacles, in a luminous and relaxed atmosphere, Taverne F is a must for all foodies. Chef offers a savoring petiscos menu - word for portuguese version of tapas - in which he favors fresh market produce with a Portuguese touch! His inspiration? 'I hope to offer our clients perfumed, light and typical Mediterranean dishes, a region where I come from, along with Portuguese accents in which olive oil will be my sole instrument!' He explains with enthusiasm. The service is friendly and discreet which adds to the wonderful dining experience at Taverne F.
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I had a nice meal with friends at Taverne F before going to the Opera .
The food was excellent , but the servings are small . The grilled calamari is super .
Our main dish of cod was very tasty and seemed fresh . I will definitely go back .
Service was also efficient .

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Service and food was excellent. Anyone in the area should try this restaurant. I am leaving Montreal soon and will try to have lunch/dinner here before I leave.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Great food, great ambiance, in the heart of the Place des Festivals where there is always something to do or to see. I suggest you share de different plates you order so all the guests can enjoy the different flavours. I loved everything we order, especially the salmon gravlax and the duck leg confit with the gib risotto.
Also, don't miss the pasteis de nata, the best i've eaten in a while ! :)
A bit expensive, but worth it for the quality of the food.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Wife and I had a wonderful meal and evening on final night of Montreal Jazzfest. Tapas style restaurant with some excellent choices of portuguese fare. First we had fried calamari, which we decided was the best we had ever had and eventually ordered a second portion. Light, small ringlets and very crispy. The other standouts included the grilled octopus and portuguese style cornish hen, real tasty delicious dish. Predominantly portuguese wine selection, but some real gems on the list. Dessert was also delicious with a couple of choices of porto. All in all an outstanding evening sitting and listening to the biggest concert of the week.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Well, the only thing I can say is .... If your hamburger bun is burnt and they take it back but bring it back having cut off the burnt parts well, I don't know what to say...
My friend was starving so ate it but she isn't going back.

Now the portions are tapas sizes so go for lunch menu much better value .
Won't go back for supper
The service was very good as well as the wine

But I can't forget the hamburger incident , it will become a inside joke...

1  Thank carmen514