“Good Lunch”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

They offered a good classic cheeseburger for a reasonable price. Friendly waiter, clean restrooms. It’s quite crowded at this time a day, so a reservation is useful.

Reuben's Devill... G, Public Relations Manager at Reuben's Deli & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for your review, Markus! We suggest visiting us outside of peak hours for those who prefer a calmer ambiance. We hope to have you back again for lunch- or even breakfast or dinner!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice lunch served by a friendly waiter a good beer to come with the food... what else could be better? Definitely a good choice for a lunch break.

We love to hear that, thanks so much Marzilti!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We walked by the restaurant earlier in the day and it looked very busy. I read some reviews and thought it would be a good place for dinner.

We were seated in Jeremy M's section. We were initially served water but never asked again if we wanted a refill or if we wanted to anything else to drink. He did walk by with two water jugs to serve the table behind us and other tables.

He forgot our appetizer that we ordered along with the dinner. FYI - we ordered fried pickles. When I asked, he looked at me puzzled like I was speaking another language besides english...

He was quite keen to make sure the table behind us was getting great service as he spent alot of time chatting with them and completely neglected our table. I took one phone call and that was when he came back to ask us how our dinner was? Didn't notice that I was on a call?

He passed the table about 3 or 4 times with our dirty plates on the table and never bothered to stop. I really think that the had written us off as foreigners and had no intention of of any type of service, let alone good service.

We finally got up from the table with the dirty plates still there and were walking to the door to speak with the manager when he noticed us. He hailed us back to the table and said 'i guess you don't want coffee or dessert then'? Really? Jeremy felt more slighted instead of rectifying the situation. I mentioned that I come from the industry and service was poor. His response, with no apology and his french accent 'well if you come from the industry you must understand'. Understand what? What I understood was that you gave poor service. The small tip I left is that I know you have to tip out the other service people.

1  Thank Coco L

We’re disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction during your recent visit with us, Coco! What you describe certainly does not meet the service standards we have at Reuben's Deli & Steakhouse: we always strive to give our guests the most pleasant dining experience possible. We do not take such comments lightly and are investigating the situation. We sincerely hope you will visit us again to experience everything Reuben's has to offer.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Great service, polite staff, great tasting food at reasonable prices. I bought 56 people into restaraunt with advance notice. We were greeted by smiling staff. We ordered off the menu, food was delivered and we were in and out in less than hour and half. Would highly recommend.

Reuben's Devill... G, Public Relations Manager at Reuben's Deli & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thanks so much Bruce! We're so happy we could accommodate your large group- and even more pleased that you all enjoyed your visit with us! Hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

A very casual restaurant. Sandwiches range from gigantic to super gigantic and the burger was very delicious! But as you walk in you do see tons of desserts the original cheesecake which is homemade offers a not so sweet but perfectly creamy taste. I felt as though I was being rushed out by waiters because of how busy the restaurant is given its size and customer volume. Otherwise a great pick for someone like my father who is a big meat lover

Thank you Chrystina! We're sorry you felt you were being rushed out- that is never our intention! We hope you will come back again soon to enjoy a longer visit with us!