“Great Place For A Non-Touristy Souvenir”

L'Affichiste Vintage Poster Gallery
Ranked #187 of 437 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Montreal's ONLY vintage poster gallery, located in Old Montreal (right around the corner from the Notre Dame Basilica) features original, non-reproduction posters and prints from the Art Nouveau, Art Deco and Modern periods. A must see for visitors or residents of Montreal!
Reviewed 7 July 2017

My husband and I collect vintage posters and made a point of coming here on a trip to Montreal. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly. They met with us and a handful of other shoppers without making anyone feel rushed or snubbed. The shop is small but they have a very good range of posters. Also, their prices, especially with the Canadian to US exchange rate are very, very good! Definitely worth a stop if interested in print work.

1  Thank LaraChicago
KarenEtingin, Owner at L'Affichiste Vintage Poster Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thanks so much for your kind review of L'Affichiste and our staff. We take a great deal of pride in our posters and I'm glad that we conveyed that to you and your husband. You're welcome anytime, and even if you can't make it back to Montreal, our collection is available anytime on-line at laffichiste.com. We ship all over the world. Thanks again and all best wishes from L'Affichiste.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Old Posters or mostly Reproduction of Old Posters from Cruiseships, Railways and Shows....in the heart of Old Montreal.

KarenEtingin, Owner at L'Affichiste Vintage Poster Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Hello Andre and thanks for the review! Just to be clear, we sell original vintage posters - not reproductions - and our collection of over 5000 posters includes travel and publicity posters, railway and marine posters, propaganda posters and just about everything in between.
Let us know when you're in town next time - we'd be happy to thank you in person for your nice review!
Best, Karen & the team @laffichiste

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

A fun store to run into if you want to check out some local art, as well as some mass-produced posters. They also have non-poster based art, such as figures and postcards.

Hello DCA and thanks for the review! Just to be clear, we sell original vintage posters - not reproductions - and our collection of over 5000 posters includes travel and publicity posters, railway and marine posters, propaganda posters and just about everything in between.
We actually don't sell either figures or postcards, but perhaps that's something to consider for the future :)
Best, Karen & the team @laffichiste

Reviewed 21 May 2016

This is worth the visit. We stopped in and the two women were attentive and welcoming. They give a good overview of some of the collection, and invite us to see more online at our leisure

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 December 2014 via mobile

Had a truly wonderful visit in this little shop. The man who was there (Maxim, I think?) took the time to chat with me and tell me about the different posters and their artists. He asked me what my interests were and showed me special pieces that he thought I would like but weren't out on display. If you are an appreciator of vintage, art, posters, or anything of the like, I recommend stopping by and seeing what treasures they have.

2  Thank Keeks_Nova