“a gem in montreal”

and 1 more site!
Castel Durocher
Ranked #20 of 100 Speciality Lodging in Montreal
Reviewed 12 June 2013

A home away from home. Beautiful appartments in the heart of Montreal. Walking distance to all major attractions. But most important, a welcoming host family who goes out of their way to make guests feel comfortable. The home-made chocolates, bath salt, and stylishly filled refridgerator add to the charm of the rooms. A highly recommended place to sejourn while in Montreal!!

Room Tip: Do choose your preferred room from the well-designed website. The pool and the gym are available at...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernadette D

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is almost second home! I found this special B&B by chance in August 2010, and ever since we always come back. Nicer than staying in a hotel room. You have a well-equiped kitchen, with lots of pots and pans. You can cook your own meal. Breakfast is a meal to look forward to, with croissants and pains au chocolat, baguette left on your table. The fridge is full with delicious surprises (homemade chocolates, juices, fruits, yogurts, etc)!
I love the concept. You have your own little apartment (from studio to 2-bedrooms), everything is nicely set (wooden floors).
I would definitely recommend. Thank you Vincent and Sandroine for your super-nice hospitality. I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne P
Reviewed 6 December 2012

A warm welcome from Sandrine and Vincent family when I arrived with my daughter to stay at Castel Durocher for 3 nights to visit my son who is studying in McGill Universsity. Castel Durocher is located downtown and close to all facilities we need, metro, bus, restaurants, shops and McGill University. Thanks to Sandrine and Vincent, we stayed in the 2 bedroom flat where I was able to cook different dishes for my son's friends . Let alone that we had the great pleasure to be invited and taste Vincent home made chocolate's degustation (we really enjoyed that moment!) !!! The appartment is very comfortable and very clean!!! well decorated and charming!! We felt like home! What can we say more! choose to stay at Castel and meet this lovely familly. You won't regret it!
Thank you again Sandrine and Vincent for your hospitality and your kindest.
Best wishes and hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Solange d
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have travelled a great deal all over the world and we both agree that we have never met better hosts or being as delighted to arrive somewhere (except perhaps our honeymoon in Mauritius!). We were lucky enough to be travelling round the US and Canada for a month with our 20 month old son and arrived here half way through our trip. Sandrine met us and was so warm and thoughtful. The fridge was full of delicious essentials and treats (including things like juice and yoghurt for our son) and the chocolate I would pay money to ship to England if I possibly could! The apartment felt like luxury accomodation and very loved. Not the soulless decor of other places but interesting and clearly costly pieces of art and furniture. Bed was comfy, bath and shower great. We stayed in the Grande Suite. And location also excellent. With a toddler and push chair we got everywhere easily and my husband enjoyed his scenic runs in the morning in Parc Royal. The organic supermarket Eden was a highlight of Sandrine's recommendations! I honestly could write forever of Vincent and Sandrine's excellent company. I feel we left as friends. They are clearly just people who do this because they love it and it shows. We recommend it without any reservation.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Frizzylisa22
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed in the Suite Victoria for 11 days and found the apartment to be very comfortable and spacious. The video does not indicate how much space there is particularly in the living room/dining room. Vincent and Sandrine were charming hosts. We have stayed in a number of apartments in European cities and very few owners provide bathroom toiletries or stock fridges before arrival. This was appreciated as we had travelled from England and arrived late at night. The regular deliveries of home made chocolates and flowers were most welcome.

McGill is laid back and bohemian due to the student population. Pack plenty of shorts in the summer - knee length - and catch the sun by sitting on the front steps. Veggies must go to cafe Lola Rosa across the road. Be sure to try the ice cider. Local cherries are the best ever tasted.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple