“Bachelor Party”

Vieux-Port Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vieux-Port Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 6,244 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$15 - US$42
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Saint-Gabriel
Transit: Metro: Champs de Mars ou Place d'Armes Bus: 515-55-14-129
Description: More than a restaurant, we're an institution. Quality cuts, cooked to perfection for over three decades. All our beef is AAA Canadian Certified and aged for at least 30 days. You'll love the classic atmosphere, warm and welcoming. We're situated directly on St. Paul Street in a beautiful, century-old structure. Inside, you're greeted by old stone walls, wood floors, cozy fireplaces and an attentive staff. With multiple dining rooms and one of the nicest terraces in Old Montreal, we're the ideal venue for groups, weddings and other social gatherings. It'smagnificent garden courtyard has picturesque stone walls that surrounding it and beautiful greenery that make it an unparalleled place to enjoy the summer weather in complete privacy. Its new decor includes an outdoor bar, ideal for a drink. The terrace also offers you the opportunity to have lunch, dine and new this year, brunch à la carte, all with the same quality standards as the Old Port Steakhouse.
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing night with 12 friends. Great prices, great wine. Exceptional service from Omar and Gille. If you have a large party I would request upstairs seating large square table.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I've been here twice now, each visit separated by years. The quality of the food and the service was top class each time. The food... oh.my.god. the food! Where do I even begin? The prime rib roast itself is worth the price of admission! It's so juicy, moist, and very "beefy" in flavor. All the different French-inspired hot entrees on one side, the breakfast station, the salad station, the dessert station...

You know what my favorite was both times?? The old Montreal-style bagels! So crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I could not get enough of them! I almost filled up just on those. Especially the sesame ones, toasted. Pure gastronomic heaven!

DO NOT wear tight pants or jeans when coming here. Because you.will.cut.off.your.circulation.

You have been warned!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

One of the best experiences I've had dining out. David and Anna made our evening extra special and the food tasted wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We came into this restaurant on a Sunday evening without a reservation and specifically asked if there was any chance we could get a table. The first hostess we spoke to said absolutely no problem but there will be a 15-30 minute wait. We said no problem and then asked a different hostess (the first once had gone to seat a table) if we could wait at the bar and have some drinks. She seemed very put out and said yes but we would have to come back every 5 mins or so to see if a table was available as she was "too busy to come get us". Ok... so we went to the "bar" which was really more of a service station hidden at the back of the restaurant. My husband and i sat there for 15 minutes and the bartender did not even look at us let alone greet us or ask if we wanted anything. We may as well have been invisible. I understand if you are busy but just say "hello, Im very busy but will be with you as soon as I can". That's all it would've taken and we would've stayed. Instead we were completely ignored so we got up and left. It's a shame because we were looking forward to steak and lobster and at least a couple of bottles of nice wine.

David D, Manager at Vieux-Port Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear AriaBailey,

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Vieux Port Steakhouse. Every comment, positive or negative, is taken very seriously as it gives us the opportunity to improve.

I won't lie. Reading a review like yours truly disappoints me. I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received the night of your visit. It is totally unacceptable. It is not your job to check with the hostess every 5 minutes to see if a table opens up. It's our job! Not being acknowledge by the bar staff is also inexcusable. It is basic courtesy!

I'd like to assure you that this is not the way we train our staff and we will include your review in our next staff meeting to make sure such situations never happen again!

Kind regards,

David Duchesne
Maitre d'hôtel

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here after arriving from a long drive. I started with oysters. Then shared the lobster pasta and a steak with a friend. The food was delicious. Everyone in the group enjoyed their dinner. The service was nice. The restaurant was full but we didn't feel crowded or rushed. I would recommend this restaurant.

Been to Vieux-Port Steakhouse? Share your experiences!