“Once only”

Ranked #67 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Once only”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed and wont return to this hotel, I have been employed by other hotel chains with "much" higher standards but thought I would try this hotel after listening to what the gentleman told me about the room when I first booked it directly with Le Nouvel. Most important part of a room is the mattresss and whan I lifted the sheets to see the condition there were a few stains ok, but the banana shaped mattress is not acceptable. I like a second pillow always, found one in the dresser pulled the pillow case off that hid the numerous perspiration stains and could feel my two fingers pinching it together, it was "THAT " thin!! The next morning I went down for the hot and cold buffet that I was told about only to find they didnt offer that, only the cold buffet for $9.95 which didnt look very good or plentiful at all. I checked out and told the front desk of my stay, a very courteous and understanding man helped me and apologized and told me that the general manager would call me never happened, I called the manager a week later out of courtesy before writing this review to let him know my thoughts and give him a chance to explain.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank bin_there2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The hotel has a good location however don't expect to sleep before 2 am! We stayed friday and saturday night and the hotel was having big party on ballrooms few floors below us.
The walls were almost shaking. Called the lobby and they said it was usual this time of the year!!!
The room was ok but the we couldn't really have a good temperature in it. Cold air was coming through the window. The spa is a joke, so the fitness center. They're located two floors below the lobby and the same level where you park your car. Hard to relax when you heard and smell the parking lot...
This hotel doesn't worth it. There's plenty of other choices in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cedric666

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2011

They recently renovated the lobby and concierge area so don't let that fool you to thinking the rooms are just as nice. The rooms and hallways need a major update, for a big city like Montreal this is not what I would expect from even a 3* hotel. Walls are paper thin, and carpets look old and more stained than old las vegas. Surprisingly they spend their money on Neutrogena toiletries, and nothing else. Ice machine/vending machines only in lobby.

The only positives is that they offer free wi-fi, and the staff that I encountered were all very friendly and courteous. The bathroom was well cleaned for what it is.

Parking is $15, and the location isn't the greatest. The immediate area around the hotel is pretty seedy, and you have to walk about 15 minutes to get to the heart of the shopping district.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Benton Y
New York, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel last weekend for one night. The hotel has a nice location, near to the Eaton Shopping Mall and not too far from old town Montreal. It has a nice lobby and helpful staff. The rooms are large. only complain that we have is that the room floor wasn't very clean. The white socks turn to gray just after couple steps. Otherwise, it was an okay hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, Director of Sales at Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your review. We have forwarded your comments to our Housekeeping Manager for follow up and hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Kostroma, Russia
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The rooms could use updating. The showerheads are those water-saving type with very low flow. There was gum stuck on the carpet of my room. We had to change the room initially allocated to us because, although designated non smoking, it reeked of weed. The walls are thin and it seems the clientele are there to party, although I was staying there on the weekend so perhaps it's to be expected. Both of my neighbours were up until 5am having in-room parties. On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and helpful and there's free wi-fi. In summary, there are better, newer, more comfortable options.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends