All reviews latin quarter bagels no elevator sherbrooke metro continental breakfast free parking behind the hotel rue st denis au chocolat small hotel old montreal queen bed whirlpool tub large bathroom directly across the street berri uqam big city rooms were very clean
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stayed for one night, on our way through Montreal. The room was a standard double (#10) on the second floor. It was small but comfortable. Like a European hotel. High ceilings, good wifi, 2 chairs set in the windows which were at the front of the hotel, on Sherbrooke St. Very firm bed, double size. Nice pillows, 2 extras in the armoire. Lots of storage and hangers. Clean bathroom and good shower. A bit noisy for sleeping due to traffic on the street. Great coffee, ready by 6 am. Breakfast was continental and ordered from a list (yogurt, juice, bagels or croissant or toast or muffins, plus bananas and apples were on the counter. Parking is behind the hotel, in a couple of rows, which means you must leave your keys with the desk.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room not on the street
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Booked at the Chateau de l'Argoat on the recommendation of friends and it did not disappoint. The hotel is very quaint and each room has its own unique character. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We opted for a room with a separate shower. It was small but adequate. Most rooms have tubs with hand held showers. The best thing about the hotel was location. It was near Rue Sherbrooke and the entrance to the Metro was across the street. It was also near all the great restaurants on Rue Sherbrooke. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My best advice to you is not to stay here. First of all you need to leave your car keys with them because of the limited parking spaces. I have done this many times before. It's pretty standard procedure in a big city. However I have never had my car returned damaged like it did here. I can ignore the couple of scratches but not the damage to my bumper. When I proceeded to contact them and ask them about their procedure when something like this occurs. They responded immediately by asking if I had any proof. I was surprised they didn't say something like let me take down all the information and contact you back. And this was the manager I was talking to and he also mentioned that they get alot of complaints like that. There are no elevators and alot of stairs especially when you are carrying luggage. The mattress was also uncomfortable and soft. I definitely will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Betty549
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We love this little hotel. It's always our first choice in Montreal.

No, there are no elevators, or doorman, or room service. But the Chateau de l'Argoat is excellent for other reasons. This hotel is affordable and it's across the street from the Metro The bilingual staff are friendly and helpful. Parking is free. It is also LGBT friendly. And honest!

We were here in May and I forgot the patch for my iPad. Not a big deal since I had another one at home. But when we checked in this time (4 months later) I thought I'd ask the staff if my iPad patch was turned in. Yes! The cleaning staff turned them in to the front desk. Actually, they had several patches that guests left behind.

This hotel remains our perennial favourite.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Pro: Free Parking

Cons: This property is more like a cheap motel with the worst customer service! Staffs were unfriendly, unhelpful, and unethical. No elevators. Old, small, with old style AC room and the bathroom smells moldy. Very slow internet. Basic breakfast & my brother didn't even get a seat during breakfast.

I booked 2 double beds room indicating 2 adults and forgot to mention 2 children in the booking. Anyway, we agreed to extra charges. However, on the final bill, they charged for 3 extra adults. They never asked how old are the children and just charged away (children >9 = adult)! When I e-mailed to dispute the charge, they insisted that we lied because his staff saw 5 people during check in without even bothering to do any investigation. We recalled that there was a lady in the lobby already in her pajamas and came out of her room to queue behind my family during our check-in. She was Asian just like my family and the front desk asked right away if she was with my family. The lady said no and my sister said no, but I guess the front desk staff did not believe it and assumed that she was part of my family because of the same race.

They finally agreed to refund, but still insist that it is us to blame for putting the wrong details in the reservation. They almost stiff us too by saying that they will refund the base price without the tax, etc. They did not offer a sincere apology for the offensive remarks and inconveniences they have caused us. Such a shame.

Room Tip: Down floor probably better so you don't have to climb stairs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family