All reviews decarie orange julep metro station baton rouge outdoor pool stay downtown nice hotel breakfast restaurant minute walk from the hotel within blocks room was spacious mini fridge easy access close to the airport hotel is situated convenient location hotel staff
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Appreciate the cozy atmosphere , rooms are nice ,comfortable and honesty of staff especially housekeeping. I spend my two days in this hotel . When I checked out i forgot my I Phone 7 in hotel room and realized in evening when I reached near Toronto. Communicated back to hotel on telephone and hotel administration took my query and they found my phone n sent back to me .I m happy I got my phone back ,highly thankful to the staffs honesty and appreciated the coordination.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelRubyFoos, Web Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Ruby Foo's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Vasudha P,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at Hotel Ruby Foo’s.

We are pleased to hear about your positive interactions with our courteous & helpful team. Our staff can only be happy receiving such great words like yours further to their stay – for us, it means mission accomplished!

We are looking forward to having you stay among us soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Although it’s located outside the city center I think it’s very convenient to visit it because a taxi to the center is mo more than 20$-24$. Rooms are really comfortable and clean. Wifi worked perfectly.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
HotelRubyFoos, Web Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Ruby Foo's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hi Sindel72,

On behalf of Hotel Ruby Foo’s team, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to read that you left the hotel with a good impression and that you enjoyed your stay, the comfort & cleanliness of your room and our location.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay in Montreal.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Wife and I are visiting Canada for 2 weeks and I found Ruby's on Trip Adviser and booked a KING for 2 nights.

Checked into this Chinese themed hotel which caters to the Chinese traveler by its artwork, choice of interior colors and the rolling closures in each room.

Our KING was large, clean and with a side chair that faced the TV. We noticed that we did not receive a set of hand and bath towels and had to call for them when we checked in. On the 2nd day after touring, we did not receive any shampoo or soap. Had to call the front desk. We had a mini frig but no microwave.

My complaints about this hotel are easily fixable. Ruby's does not provide a coffee station in the lobby for guests, especially in the morning would be welcomed. They do have mini coffee makers in the bathrooms, but we quickly ran out of coffee and don't want to spend time making one cup at a time. When I asked about using a microwave to re-heat some food, I was told I could bring it down to the front desk. I don't want someone at the front desk touching my food. I was told I could go to the restaurant to re-heat the food or better yet go there to get coffee or food. Huh?

MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT is the tacky sign placed in each room where Ruby will sell you the mattress you slept on, Duvet, Flat Sheet, a Robe, Bath towel, etc.. When I saw this I said Wow, they are trying to sell you everything.

THis hotel could be so much more, but the management is apparently cheap and wants to extract every nickel from their visitors.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Pierre-Yves B, Web Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Ruby Foo's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Allan T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, concerning your recent stay.

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the towels, the soap and the situation with the microwave. Your message is being taken seriously and the issues are being addressed to ensure this does not happen again.

This being said, for any future room reservation, please let us know at that time that you would like to have a microwave in your room, it will then be at your disposal for your entire stay. Another option is to reserve one of our Deluxe Studio-Kitchenette which is equipped with a small stovetop and oven, a small refrigerator, dishware and a microwave.

Our number one priority is to meet our guest’s expectations and requests. A few years ago we decided to respond to the high demand that we had from our guests to purchase our in-room amenities and decided to have a boutique allowing every individual to take the comfort of our accommodations home, at very affordable prices.

Looking forward to having the opportunity to have you stay with us during your next visit to Montreal so that we can provide you with an experience that meets your standards.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The room was spacious and the beds were so comfortable. The location was great. Although you are outside the downtown city, there is a metro stop is close walking distance. Many restaurants nearby to eat.

Stayed: August 2018
HotelRubyFoos, Web Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Ruby Foo's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello Birdrs,

We are pleased to read that you left the hotel with a good impression and that you enjoyed your stay, the comfort of your room, our location and our courteous team - for us it means mission accomplished!

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay in Montreal.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

My wife and I were there for business for one night. Ample parking, no charge. Quick check-in. Room was clean, bed and pillows very comfortable. One noticeable positive about the room is that when comes time to darken the room, there is a sliding panel that covers the whole window. Very nice compared to the usual draperies as the room is in total darkness. The bathroom was quite small. Walls are kind of thin, I guess; so if there are noisy people next to your room, it may be disturbing.
There are plenty of fast food places neaby within walking distance, eg: Orange Julep, Harvey’s, Subway, McDonald. You get the picture, I am sure.
You would have to take a vehicle if you want decent food.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hello Jean D,

Your feedback means a lot to us and we can only be pleased with a positive comment like yours about our staff, our services & accommodation. In case you missed it, there are two restaurants under our roof. Eggspectation, perfect for a delicious breakfast or lunch, and OTAGO restaurant which is our signature restaurant, perfect to enjoy a great European bistro meal or an authentic wood-fired pizza.

We are looking forward to having you stay among us soon!