“Fantastic restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This was one of the best restaurants I have eaten in whether Japanese or other cuisine. Great inventiveness and taste surpassing anything I have experienced in Japan. By any measure, however, this is one I will come back to again and again even if it means as a non-Montrealer coming here more often.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (380)

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Portions are quite small, therefore expect for about 100$ for two people with only one drink. A lot of wait, but the fresh fish and the dressing is worth the hassle. The homemade ice cream is also great. The lunch menu is although a great way to try it without ruining yourself.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Not often do I wait in line to eat at a restaurant and end up spending less time eating than waiting... It was worth every minute.

We pigged out, and left like well fed royalty after a medieval feast!

Started out with the dumplings. Perfect griddled crust. The pork was tender and juicy.

Bimbap was fantastic. The meat slid off the rib. The sauce was a great compliment that brought the whole dish together.

The tuna and salmon bowl was great and refreshing.

The star was the 48hr pork dish. Oh my sweet Jesus was it fantastic! I can have this dish as my last meal and would die a happy man!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Let me start this review by saying had we waited more than 20 mins I would have be very disappointed. The 48 pork was good, but was disappointed in the octopus special. I would recommend stoping by if there is a short line.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

This is one place I would not enter as a tourist. It looks kind of small and insignificant. Boy, was I wrong. Yes, seats were very limited. We sat at the counter where food were prepared right in front of us. And it tasted yummy. Very different from the sushi, teppanyaki or sashimi that I'm used to. But still very good.

Date of visit: May 2016