“Area where you expect ordinary, Find Extraordinary”
Review of Mas Cuisine - CLOSED

Mas Cuisine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The neighborhood is not upscale, the street is not elegant. The restaurant though, is a little gem and service, presentation, and most important the food, are served with creativity, natural ingredients, and originality.
The menu is all table d'hote. 5 appetizers, 5 mains, 4 desserts. All meals 48-49$. Not inexpensive, but this is a culinary adventure and you feel that you have been truly hosted. Our table of 4 ate a range of things, and no one was disappointed.A real treat for a special occasion.

1  Thank hoppiewanderer

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Small restaurant in a non descript area of Verdun ( say 10 minutes by cab from downtown), it offers some of the best food in Montreal. My wife and I were there on a quiet weekday in February, so it is difficult to judge how the service is when the place is busy (it can accomodate probably 30 clients at most), but we certainly found the food excellent and the service friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. I had the sweetbreads which were absolutely perfect. The wine list is short but reasonnably priced and very interesting. It makes for an expensive evening, but well worth it.

1  Thank JakeMtl
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Great food and service. Small restaurant in out of the way Verdun but well worth the visit. My friend said the sweetbreads were the best he ever had. The beef tartar as a starter was delicious and my main course of scallops was excellent - no complaints. Not a sweet eater but since dessert is included in the prix fix we decided to go for it. My friend's chocolate tart with pears was good and my cake with lemon curd and the addition of raspberries was all right. Loved the lemon curd with the fruit but could have done without the small cakes. Perhaps because I was so full.
We certainly shall return and recommend it highly!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

My first time there and will be back as soon as possible! The food is supberb, the bread basket of homemade breads, all different, the main meal and the fabulous desert was a real treat. The wait staff were so pleasant and right on top of the job. We really loved everything and the price was fine, included the appetizers, main course and desert.

Honest food, honest people and just so amazing! Thanks all, it was wonderful.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Finally, this place opens on weekends. The food is truly excellent, fresh and well presented. The service is frendly, but lacks . With only 30 or so covers, you would expect things to be faster, especxioally since you are told that the 6pm seating must be over at 8:30. We'll go back, but will assert ourselves with the wait staff.