1,782 results
All reviews soaking tub heated pool heart of downtown beautiful hotel valet parking romantic getaway perfect location mini bar early check room key valet service mcgill university upon check underground city bed was very comfortable few blocks bell centre
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We came back to this hotel for a second visit in October, and were very impressed with our two-night weekend stay. Location, service, and room quality were all excellent, and the location is perfect for what we like to do in Montreal.
On our previous visit we had been in a "Verrière Suite" overlooking Maisonneuve, but this time we were in a smaller classic room, this one overlooking Metcalfe. However, nothing about this room felt small, and I want to stress that the quality of everything in the room was very high, super clean, and well thought-out. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was exceedingly quiet.
This hotel has a small, outdoor, heated soaking pool which is a great way to regroup before heading out to dinner. Remember to ask for towels as you check in to save a trip to the desk when you want to hit the pool.
You are close to the Peel Metro station, and only a few blocks from Rue Crescent, if nightlife is your thing. This trip we spent a lot of time at the Musee des Beaux Arts, also close by.
Note that there is a fee for parking. In my experience there are very few places in the area that don't charge this fee for valet parking, so just include that in your overall budget if you're driving.
To sum up, I can't recommend this hotel enough, especially for people looking for a quiet, refined stay in the downtown area with a luxury touch at good prices. In my previous review I said we'd be back, and I'm sticking to that for this review too.

Room tip: We've tried the Verrière Suite and the Classic Room. I would probably try to get a classic king facing Metcalfe again. We were on 11.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fraserco
ChrisU455, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello fraserco,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your stay with TripAdvisor readers. We are delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay with us. It sounds like you took full advantage of downtown Montreal. I wonder which room you`ll try on your next stay.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

My spouse and I went for a romantic, long weekend (Fri - Mon). It was so easy to book through Booking.com. We ended up taking the public bus from the airport which was actually very convenient and straightforward.

The hotel is beautifully appointed. Our room was clean, cozy, and up-to-date. The heated outdoor pool was what I was most looking forward to and it did not disappoint. Nicely decorated and arranged, it was a perfect spot for relaxation in the evening. Our hotel was easily walking distance to many points of interests and good places to eat. The buffet breakfast was good, but not extraordinary. We had it on the first morning we were there because we were too hungry to figure anything out and just needed to eat!

My only negative comments would be about seeing the staff bicker with each other. While their service was excellent - everyone was so friendly, attentive, and kind to guests, the staff were sometimes snippy with each other behind the front desk and during the buffet service. As far as customer service goes, it's not a comfortable feeling when your staff seems stressed. Secondly, there is no service elevator so all service and maintenance work has to go through the regular elevators which was inconvenient at times.

These two small points aside, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer R
ChrisU455, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your stay with us. We always appreciate our guest`s thoughts and it helps us improve. We`re happy to read that you enjoyed your room and found us to be perfectly located for what you wanted to do in Montreal.

I`d like to apologize on behalf of everyone in regards to how the staff were acting amongst each other. Even though our job can be stressful at times, we don`t want that feeling to seep into our guest`s stay. We`ll definitely speak to staff internally to improve our service. Thank you for being honest.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived here this morning after a 10 day cruise. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room is well appointed, clean and comfortable. We walked to the pedestrian underground less then a block away.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Larry,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate the kind words regarding your stay. We hope you choose us again if you`re ever back in Montreal.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

My wife and I spent 2 nights here while I was attending a convention and the room was great but the location proved to be the real winner. While I was at meetings my wife was situated in the middle of the downtown shopping area with almost everything in easy walking distance.
Our room was very well laid out and clean. Hotel staff are very helpful and always polite.
I would certainly come back to stay next time in Montreal.

Room tip: Try to get a higher floor to eliminate any street noise although we were on the 2nd floor and it wasn’t bad at all!
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GKimb
ChrisU455, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Hello GKimb,

We`re so pleased to read that you and your wife had a great time staying with us. Thank you for such a lovely review. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, this personalized hotel is a wonderful base from which to discover the beauties of Montreal. Especially the bathtub inspired us! The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is very tasty.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ChrisU455, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Maren65,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

We are so happy to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say about our staff and our hotel. We always love reading great reviews.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Best regards,