1,773 results
All reviews soaking tub heated pool heart of downtown beautiful hotel valet parking perfect location mini bar romantic getaway comfortable beds early check bottled water valet service mcgill university upon check underground city loved this hotel few blocks
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I was encouraged by hotel website and booking websites to book this hotel; I booked it through amoma and requested a king size room. ( it only show either double or twin room). So I was informed that the request was sent successfully. However when I arrived the manager told me they never got the request and booking with From a company called” hotel beds”. I confirmed with amoma that the request has been confirmed and sent to hotel however hotel did not give me any assistance or solution rather than just telling me it’s fully booked and they did not receive any note. None of the above agency would help me solve this and as I’m here I’m expecting hotel can arrange but they just told me no that’s it. I have been Montreal many times I couldn’t tell, this is the worst experience ever.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inspiration801011
ChrisU455, Guest Relations Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Inspiration801011,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on your recent stay at Hotel Le St-Martin Montreal

We are truly sorry that the room you booked did not meet your expectations. Please be advised that the website you booked with offers Run Of House rooms. This means that it doesn`t specify which of two types of rooms you will recieve in the end. Your need for a King bed is a request and not a guarantee.We are sorry they did not communicate the correct information to you, and we are saddened that this reflected on the service we offer. We always suggest booking directly with the hotel or to call the hotel to make specifications to ensure you get the room you need.

Furthermore, be assured your feedback is being addressed and we will use your comments as a training opportunity to improve our service and to meet our guest’s expectations.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment experienced during your visit. It is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself. Our guests' satisfaction is what we strive for everyday.

Thanks again for choosing Le St-Martin, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

When reserving at the St-Martin, I was encouraged by the hotel website and the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and Booking.com where I made my booking.

I was a bit surprised that a hotel of such quality never responded to my timely question via Booking.com as to whether the hotel had an airport shuttle (it does not. It would be nice if they had answered).

The rather surly check-in clerk told me a room was ready on the second floor or I could wait for another room higher up. I told him I did not care for high-floor views but did care about noise. He assured me the room was not noisy. It was.

The room is splendid and has every comfort. I had booked a panoramic suite with a fireplace and it was indeed panoramic. Almost magical. Everything in the room was perfect: a wonderful King bed, fluffy pillows, a real desk, fast Wi-Fi. You can then understand my disappointment when the beautiful shower had hardly any water pressure. Unacceptable water pressure, and I challenge whoever answers my review to say otherwise. The blinds are the only thing between you and the huge windows, meaning there are no curtains. And thus, no perfect dark at night. And thus, trucks driving on Maisonneuve can keep a light sleeper up. Be sure to ask for a high-floor room. My 2nd floor room was noisy despite assurances to the contrary.

After working in my room with the "Do not Disturb" sign on my door, I left my room a little before noon and asked the reception to advise housekeeping I had changed my door sign to "Please clean my room." I wanted to avoid having my room not made at 4pm when I would be back. Not quite, but it was in the process of being cleaned when I got back at 4pm. A very polite and clearly embarrassed woman told me she had never been told anything about my request and I offered to come back in 30 minutes, which I did.

While the hotel lobby is small, I much prefer this to huge, impersonal lobbies. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant, Gustave, on my last night. This too was a very positive impression.

And so, while this could get my Five Stars, it only gets three, the shower being the most important complaint. I also found signs and notes in the room rather bizarre in warning guests that they "would be evicted" in case of a noise complaint; that they would pay up to $2000 if water overflowed from the bath-tub; and that charges would automatically be added if one failed to check-out by 11. We are all adults, and unless the hotel has had unfortunate experiences with noisy, drunk partiers who overflowed their bath-tubs and slept-in forgetting to check-out, this kind of language is unbecoming. I took pictures so that the reader may judge for himself or herself.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a high-floor room. My 2nd floor room was noisy despite assurances to the contrary
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank EANYC

Hello EANYC,

We are truly sorry that the room you booked did not meet your expectations. I apologize that the water pressure was not satisfactory. We`ve never had complaints about our showers before so I wonder if there was a specific issue in you room. Did you inform the front desk so that maintenance could check it out? It might have been something we could have fixed.

Our panoramic rooms have beautiful views but we are aware that because of the curved windows, these rooms get more sunlight than the other rooms. We do offer eye masks in those rooms for that very reason.

Be assured your feedback is being addressed and we will use your comments as a training opportunity to improve our service and to meet our guest’s expectations.We will look into the writing we use with our signage.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We love this hotel and always stay here when in Montreal. It's location cannot be beat, the amenities are excellent, it's very beautiful with well appointed rooms, terrific staff. Great resto and bar. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: As for a king suite! Large and roomy.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie M

Dear Katie M,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience at Le St-Martin Hotel with our TripAdvisor travelers.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of the different amenities offered in our rooms.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2018

This hotel was wonderfully clean, with fantastic staff. We stayed in a grande lux room which was big, had a wonderful bath, and had a slightly luxurious although a somewhat outdated feel to it.

Location was fantastic. We walked pretty much to all parts of Montreal, but for those less fit the metro line was a very short walk away.

Service was great. Staff on the front desk were very helpful although we had very little contact with staff on the whole.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A8812

Dear A8812,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

We are so happy to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say about our staff and our hotel. We always love reading great reviews.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2018

The hotel was located close to everything we wanted while on our trip. Walking distance to the Grey Line and restaurants. The staff was so helpful and engaging and the room are spacious and cozy. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Sandy340,

We are so pleased to read you really enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves on being so perfectly located to so many great attractions. We hope you stay with us again soon.