“More proof that boutiques are the right choice in Montreal”
Review of Le Petit Hotel

Le Petit Hotel
Ranked #3 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 4 March 2012

If you're the kind of traveller that prefers personalized service, unique atmosphere and cosy, authentic surroundings, le Petit Hotel is for you. I travel to Montreal several times a month, and after trying the chains repeatedly (and getting less than stellar results) I will always return to a boutique like this. The brick walls, floor to ceiling windows, amazing beds and friendly front-desk staff - why would you stay at a large hotel who doesn't remember you 2 hours after you check in! One of my favourite features of this hotel (aside from location in beautiful Old Montreal) is its very artsy entrance and cafe, reminiscent of the Big Bang exhibition at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. Tres cool! On my first stay, I was upgraded - a perfect example of the small things that can mean a lot when you're travelling. Oh, and breakfast and wifi are included. Enough said.

Room Tip: There are only 4 floors and I hear that the 4th floor has higher ceilings. On the back alley you mig...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Cdngirl_68

Dear Cdngirl_68,
We would like to thank for taking the time to share your experience at Le Petit Hotel and we were glad to read that you enjoyed some of the great features of our hotel. A unique atmosphere and a personalized service are at the core of our approach to hospitality. Your eye was right in identifying the artists who painted the mural in the lobby, as they recently were featured in the Big Bang exhibition. We certainly hope to welcome you again upon one of your multiple visits to the city. Do not hesitate to contact me directly should you be interested in a corporate rate.

There are newer reviews for Le Petit Hotel

Reviewed 28 February 2012

After reading the positive reviews and scouring the photos on Oyster.com we decided to give Le Petit a try and it did not disappoint. My wife and I stayed in a spacious room on the fourth floor which had cathedral ceilings that added positively to the airy feel.

The bed was enormous and one of the best we've slept on in any hotel. Apart from a little neighbourly noise next door during one of our nights there (not necessarily an indication that the walls aren't sound-proofed enough), we slept soundly.

The showers were large and offered several massaging jets which was a bonus. The water pressure was decent but not strong in the sink, but that proved a minor hiccup.

We don't require a gym or business centre so simply having solid Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and an iPod doc proved enough creature comforts for us. Especially since we don't have cable at home.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Having fresh pastry and strong coffee sent to our door in the mornings didn't hurt either. A real treat.

I've been to Montreal dozens of times and this was the best hotel I've stayed at. Even with the weather being as cold as it was, being surround by the beauty of Old Montreal proved a great equalizer. My wife and I recommend this petite hotel highly.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my review, the fourth floor has the cathedral ceilings. Ask at the desk if you'...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jetsgozoom

Dear jetsgozoom,
We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about what we consider to be some of the best features of our hotel. It means a lot to our team to be considered one of the best hotels from a frequent traveler to Montreal. The cathedral ceilings are indeed an exclusive feature to the rooms on the fourth floor, as you mentioned in your room tip. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and I, plus a friend stayed, alas for only one night, in February. We chose both the extra large and medium rooms. Both were well designed but the extra large room was special-charming and relaxing. Location of the hotel is superb for visiting the old city and beyond. All staff were most helpful with reservations, parking the car and making us feel like welcome guests.
We enjoyed visiting the museum of archeology-right around the corner from the hotel-and lots of great restaurants within walking distance. Le Petit is truly a special place and I'm so glad we found it... thanks of course to trip advisor.

Room Tip: go for the extra large room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Petit-Hotel-Mtl, General Manager at Le Petit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear tituspaddler,

We are also glad you found us…through Trip Advisor! Thank you for contributing to reviewing our hotel and sharing a room tip. We are delighted that you enjoyed Le Petit Hotel, since making you feel welcome is what we strive for everyday. We look forward to host you again, perhaps for more than one night next time!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and i traveled to Montreal for a belated Valentine's Day weekend getaway and chose Le Petit Hotel as our place to call home over two nights. We based our decision on the reviews from Tripadvisor and quickly realized why the hotel was so highly rated.

We arrived at Le Petit Hotel on Friday night and the check-in process was a breeze. From the onset, the staff at the desk were incredibly welcoming, consistent with all of the reviews that we had read. The hotel offers valet parking at a rate of $25/night, which I found reasonable so as not to worry about it for the weekend.

We were situated on the 3rd floor, in room 302, at the back of the building. The room itself was remarkable. We opted for the medium room, which offered us more than enough space for the couple of days we were in Montreal. The bathroom was big for a boutique hotel with an awesome shower and great Aveda products. The room itself was gorgeous. The walls were comprised of exposed brick and the floors were hardwood. There was a sizable desk and a wonderfully stylish (and comfortable) chair in the corner for reading. There were double windows, which opened in full, allowing the crisp winter air to fill the room. I must make this next point clear: Believe the hype about the bed, it was really, really comfortable. I don't know that I've ever slept in a more comfortable bed. Lastly, there was an ipod dock/stereo, which I found to be a great feature.

Your stay will come with a complimentary breakfast, which was excellent. Croissants, chocolate croissants, homemade breads, fruit, cereals, and wonderful coffee-drinks were all options each morning.

In past experiences in Montreal, as is the case in most major cities, the staff of hotels and other establishments come off as a bit pretentious. This is not the case at Le Petit Hotel. The staff was not only helpful, but welcoming. They answered all of our questions and quickly new what we would enjoy doing in the city based on our interests. The great thing about the staff is that they weren't suit and tie type folks; this group was young, cool, and obviously up on what was happening in the city. A great group...

The location of the hotel was pretty perfect as well. While we didn't spend much time down in the old-port area, the neighborhood had plenty of nice things to look at (the architecture mainly) and gave way to easy access to the Metro.

The only knock I would give this hotel is that the walls seemed a bit thin. On our first night, our neighbors left their room with their ipod on. As my wife and I tried to fall asleep, we were kept awake by the sounds of the awful musical tastes of our neighbors. However, when I called the desk, they were extremely helpful and very understanding. They responded to my request immediately and remedied the situation. I guess you really cant ask for more when a situation like this comes up.

All in all, I think that Le Petit Hotel is more than worthy of all the Tripadvisor hype. The hotel is small, stylish, warm, and inviting. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the back of the hotel, where it is likely to be quieter than staying on the street-si...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dano515

Dear Dano515,
This review is as detailed as we have ever seen. We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at the hotel in such depth. Everyone on our team reads the reviews as it means a lot to all of us. We are delighted to have been able to meet your expectations for your Valentine’s Day weekend, and that you enjoyed many of what we believe to be some of the best assets of our hotel, such as the showers, the beds and the complimentary breakfast. Your comments about our team are candidly flattering. We aim to keep our service as authentic and personalized as possible and share our deep love affair with the city of Montreal with all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon at Le Petit Hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Le Petit Hotel. We loved the location in the heart of the old town. The front desk were friendly and helpful about things to do and places to eat. I can't give it 5 stars only because the breakfast was very average - although the coffee was wonderful. Also, the key was very sensitive and sometimes you had to swipe the card 10 or more times before it worked. I told the front desk about it because I thought maybe we just needed a new key, but they had heard this complaint before and explained you just have to be patient. And to their credit they did walk back up to the room with me and show me a better technique- but it was still a hassle. The bed was VERY comfortable and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelGirl604

Dear TravelGirl604

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. We are glad that you enjoyed many assets of the hotel, such as the coffee, the bed and our team’s recommendations. As we always strive to improve our product, we are glad to report that the key company we work with was able to provide us with a new model of keys which should facilitate the opening of locks. Furthermore, do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would love to hear more feedback from your experience with our breakfast in order to improve the Petit Hotel experience.

Kind regards,