“PRE-SHOW DINNER”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Between Welington+William
Transit: Square-Victoria subway, bus and cab station just in front.
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Great Old Montreal find ! We went on a Friday before a show and had a great meal and service. My friend is gluten free and they were very accommodating to her by altering the fish dish in order for her to enjoy it ! We started with the sirloin tartare which is perfectly sized for sharing...it was delicious! Wine menu is impressize and the ambiance is casual but trendy.. Prices were affordable, not too pricey in my opinion for Old Montreal.

I will be back for sure !

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

Had high hopes for this place after hearing about it from so many people. We arrived for our booking at 630 and were immediately told we had to leave by 8, not normally a problem but kind of off putting for a booking made in advance (we didn't just walk in). We had a tasting menu right off the bat and ordered drinks to set things off. We revived drinks early and then were left waiting for ever! By 740 we recived our second course and we very unimpressed with the speed and food. What we did get was lackluster and simple. The cutoff time (set by the m'd) came and we didn't want to stay any longer. We informed out server and told him we wanted to speak to the manager, he brought us our check and told us that the manager was too busy to talk to us. We left and went elsewhere.

1  Thank morr87
Reviewed 16 April 2015

My husband and I bought a groupon for a 5 course meal with wine pairings, we paid about $60 for the groupon.
The menu was a sampler menu- so there were pretty small portions for the two of us. The food and wine were lovely but we were a bit disappointed with the amount of food. We also had a drink each and a coffee, plus taxes and tip (which was already calculated on the bill and factored into the price) it was another $60.
Don't get me know the food, wine and service were good, but was it worth $120 when we, in theory were supposed to be getting a deal.....
Not really

Reviewed 31 March 2015

Food is great!
I had the Poutine G (small potatoes+veal sweetbreads+seared foie gras+porcini sauce) and the Lobster ‘sheppard’s pie’ (with Truffle oil mashed potatoes+Brussel Sprouts+Boar saucisson). it was delicious!
Unfortunately there was less ambiance than I thought there would be on a Saturday night.

Reviewed 27 March 2015 via mobile

We went there 3 friends and as usual this place was awesome. I took the beef tartare, the salmon tartare and the tataki. All well prepared, the service was friendly and very good too.

I went there often and their tartares are always great!