“What food and hockey!”

1909 Taverne Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
1909 Taverne Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,867 of 6,040 Restaurants in Montreal
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Imagine a foodie's delight and a place where the hockey fan can enjoy great food , this place has a charm, great wine section, but with the Canadiens not making the playoffs, this place has the best poutine anywhere. Why? Darker gravy for poutine makes the poutine better. A good wine and beer list and service was very good. Our server, Genieve, did a job for us. The noise was hockey noise. Sports on big TVs and yes, my kind of place. As one leaves and finishes dinner, you enter the Section `100 area with your hockey tickets in hand. Imagine afterwards when the Habs win. 1909 Taverne Moderne has a winning pedigree. The escalators with the Habs success of yesterday has the photos on the top. Looks like the fish and chips are an honest meal for anyone. Shoot and score today. I give this 5 stars.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my third visit to 1909. I keep going back mostly for the atmosphere. First visit- fish tacos- arrived room temp/cold. Second visit- unremarkable, in a large group. Third visit- yesterday- slow service, the burger was a hockey puck, and ended up as throw up a few hours later. Guess this will be my last visit...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to this restaurant before concert. The waitress was great and answered any questions we had. Two of us had filet Mignon and the other had lamb shank after recommendation from waitress. We started by sharing some nachos which were very good. The steaks and lamb were cooked perfectly. The prices are not low, however, didn't find it anymore than what it was in restaurants in old Montreal. The place was lively and thought it would be great to watch a game here with the big screen.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a reservation for 6 persons on a Saturday night. We especially asked to be seated at a normal table in a booth, not the ones that have the high chairs. We checked in person the day before that the reservation is still the way we wanted. On the Saturday night it was not possible to get the table we asked for. They “parked” us on a “high chair” table and we had no other choice or say. The woman at the front desk just said that they can not guaranty booths like we wanted. So, 3 people could watch the game on the big screen, the 3 others were facing the opposite way of the big screen! Wow! So fun! We ordered drinks and I went to talk with the woman again. After looking around, Oh Magic! She found a booth! The restaurant was not even full... Come on!
After that part, the rest of the evening went fine. The service was very good. The food was good, but not out of this world. Consider La Cage Aux Sports food more $$$ ( fish&chips 17$, bavette 24$, beer +- 8.50$).
If you want to have a conversation, well there’s a lot of noise. So it not the best place to do that.
The bathrooms : not clean. I had to look to find toilet paper... For me, when the toilets are not clean, it tells me that quality control is not good.
Will I go back: no. Been there, done that. And will not recommend the places to my friends.

1  Thank MamaMontreal
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we went here after the hockey game for a few late night caps....and what an amazing spot to see! the biggest tv screen i have ever seen!!! unreal!!! the service was super fast, the waiter/hostess were very pleasant and served us with a smile!