“Coffee and startups”

Xavier Artisan, Place d'Armes
Ranked #256 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Xavier Artisan is a boutique that offers artisanal coffee, ice cream, sandwiches, delicious and comforting soups and healthy and easy-to-eat salads. No fuss, just good. Always homemade and home-baked. Always the best local natural products.
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a calm place to talk. I didn't expect to have excellent coffee, great sandwiches and "viennoiseries "!

FOOD: Get the Porchetta or Chicken pesto. They are excellent. The almond croissant is to DIE for!
Fresh pressed juice is very food but a bit pricey. I have not tried their home made ice cream (which you can see through a nice industrial type huge "window-wall".

AMBIANCE AND WIRELESS: Wireless is good and both times we went, there was much people "on" so it was good. Mostly tourists and mini rushes of neighborhood employees.

Make sure you laprop, tablet or cell is fully charged though. I didn't see electrical outlets.

As mentioned in the beginning, the place is calm. The "buzz" comes feom cool jazz music and people talkng calmly but happy! Perfect for lunch with friends, between co-workers and business partners... Oh.. and tourists too !

DECOR AND SERVICE: I love the decor... I dont know how to really describe it... old world charm, industrial-vintage? Modern-vintage? Rustic-Industrial? It's just a cool place.

The service is friendly. I mean by that courtiest, the staff smiles, are polite and calm. They speak French and English.

PRICE: I find them a bit pricey. It depends on what you take I guess. The viennoiseries (pasries) are HUGE!!! Therefore rightly priced. My business partner took a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. The bagels are homemade so not as big as manufactured ones or like the one at the bagel shop. Cream cheese, she found them to be on the stingy side... therefore not worth the price.

But next time you stop in Okd Montreal, go and make you own opinion!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Nice soups and sandwiches, all healthy stuff (though non-cheese - eating partner had to request a special sandwich without cheese. Good value on the lunch packages (soup sandwich and drink). Pleasant ambience and helpful service from Mr McDonald!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Our family of four enjoyed a quick lunch in this pretty restaurant. Veggie sandwich on pumpernickel was a welcome change from the standard fare deli-type fare. Soup was tasty and homemade.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Stopped here for mid-morning cup of tea. Well they had countless coffees and teas but not one single English Breakfast teabag. Could do better! Luckily we had some in our bag and they were happy enough to give us some boiling water so we made our own! Nice place, food looked ok. As a coffee house, it's fine. Wifi too, lots of youngsters on laptops working.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Convenient to Place D'Armes Hotel and Basilica right in Place D'Armes square. great breakfasts and wonderful atmosphere