“New favorite” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
western mass
“New favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2009

We are in Montreal at least 5 times a year and have now stayed at the Crystal at least 5 times now and I love it. Rooms are crisp and clean - very modern. I recommend it highly. Very convenient to Bell Center as well as St Catherine shopping. Breakfast in the hotel is pretty mediocre - but there are a million other places to go. Front desk staff is a little bit of the helpless "not-my-job" variety but the parking/bell desk is quite capable and friendly.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank sledxl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

We really enjoyed our visit to the Hotel Le Crystal last year. The hotel was as other guests had advised - upscale, very close to the shopping on Rue Ste Catherine, great concierge/reception service and nice touch with the outdoor hot tub. They are also very generous with the Molton Brown toiletries. We didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel, but I would point out that not all the rooms have the tub, as advertised, so do ask to switch rooms if you want that. Our first night was spent in an urban suite, which did not have a tub, but was a good size room/bathroom still. We really wanted the tub, as I had a back problem, and wanted to take a soak, so next day we asked to move rooms and were rewarded with an upgrade to a much bigger suite, no problem. Also, yes, the lighting is a little dark and they added a mini bar charge, which wasn't correct, but they removed it on request and it didn't detract from a great hotel and a great stay.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gbbalham
Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

Went there on a business trip and I loved it soo much, great staff, goergeous suites. Loved the espresso machine in the room and the separate living room! Can't believe all the rooms in the hotel are that great, and I had the cheapest on top of that!

Anyways, I would recommend it to anyone coming to Montreal.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
new york, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2009

My girlfriend and I just returned from our stay at Le Crystal. I spent a lot of time researching hotels in the city, and was surprised that this didn't make more 'best of lists'. I'm assuming this is the case because it is only a little over a year old.

LOCATION
-At first I thought we might want to be near old Montreal, but after walking through briefly, I understood why all of the natives frown on the area. I was considering Hotel Nelligan and am glad we opted for Le Crystal. Old Montreal is worth seeing, but it is filled exclusively with novelty tourist shops, a few restaurants, and obscure galleries. Lacks the charm of a Quincy Market in Boston, but was fun to walk through briefly. Le Crystal is right in the middle of downtown, great access to shopping and nightlife around the block, the arena across the street, and Le Queue de Cheval is literally across the parking lot.

SERVICE
-I originally requested an early check in to make the most of our stay, but this was not possible. Our trip did not get off to the best start, as we had to wait an hour and a half in the lobby. Needless to say, we were not pleased but didn't make any mention of this. When we were ready for check-in, they had upgraded us to the penthouse suite which definiely helped. The concierge was great as well, very personable and friendly.

DINING
We dined at La Coupole for brunch and really enjoyed ourselves. They featured an extensive buffet and everything was fresh and very good.

ROOM
-In terms of cleanliness, no complaints whatsoever. Given the room we stayed in, there were plenty of amenities. I really wanted a fireplace and the large tub. It would be nice if they had dimmers...plus, the bedroom lighting was a little lacking but the rooms were really as described. DVD player is only available upon request. Bathrooms are very spacious. The bed featured a very soft and comfortable Tempur-Pedic mattress and high quality linens. The kitchenette is definitely nice to have as well.

POOL/OUTDOOR HOT TUB/SAUNA
-Both were freezing, was really looking forward to spending more time in each and ended up using the tub which was much warmer. There are two saunas which are tiny, and can accommodate a couple per unit. The facility was great, just wish it was warm enough to make us want to stay and be comfortable.

OVERALL
My biggest complaint is that for the amount of money we spent, we didn't get to spend as much time to enjoy all of the amenities afforded to us. Would have really enjoyed the pool/hot tub more if they were heater but they were freezing.

I really think that we found a great hotel there, and look forward to returning when it is not as busy. I don't think you will find another hotel with as many amenities, and the quality of the rooms and service was great. I think the W just seemed too modern and impersonal, and this was modern but warm, elegant, and classy.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank montrealm
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2009

I don't know what it takes to make this hotel #1 but that's where it should be. This is the nicest hotel overall I have ever stayed in. The hotel is about 1 year old located between St. Catherine's and Renee Levesque across from the Bell Center, great location. The staff was amazing, accomodating, and friendly. My suite had a huge bathroom, stand-up shower, and jet tub, a kitchen area, a little living room area with a swedish foam couch, a microfibre and faux fur throw, a separate bedroom with a swedish foam topped mattress (so comfy), a nice desk, bathrobes, slippers, 2 flatscreen tv's...I could go on. I could live here. The gym was nice and new (slight mildew smell). Hopefully they can keep the price reasonable, up the quality and cleaniness and updates as needed.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — mildew smell in the gym
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)