“Subtle, Smooth”
Review of OpenEats

OpenEats
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Summerside
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Description: OpenEats is an open concept restaurant located on Water St. in Summerside. A bistro atmosphere focused on serving locally sourced ingredients.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This was the best meal I have had in Summerside since I moved here a year ago. The ambience and decor was comfortable and interesting without being overdone. The music was excellent - not elevator music, but not overly intrusive either. The servers were attentive and knowledgeable about the menu items. The caprese salad was refreshing and flavourful. My husband enjoyed the mussels in cream sauce. I had the mushroom linguine....hand formed pasta! Not just made on site, but actually hand rolled. My husband had the haddock, and loved it. We tried very small portions of the lobster ice cream, and enjoyed it. Two small concerns: the server called me "dear" three times; and I received a text 45 minutes after making our reservation, reminding me about it. This restaurant is too good for me to be as offended by these actions as I normally would be.

Clarklink, Owner at OpenEats, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Best comment yet; not elevator music! I'll tell the staff your review, they think I have terrible music choice! Thanks a million!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Wow this place was great, the food was a step above and the service this gale new her stuff. The minute you step into this place you know that the chef is doing it right.
The food is local and the combinations and flavors are well thought out. I had a lobster sauce on hand made pasta with clams, WOW! You could tell the sauce was made from scratch using the lobster shells , the flavor stood out and just brought the whole dish together. They have an appetizer which is bacon on crostini with their own sauce, I can still taste the flavor, make sure you order it. Also make a reservation the locals have found this place, they are so lucky. The staff are great, young, friendly and lots of knowledge on the restaurant concept and where and how things are prepared.
If you are close to Summerside make sure you stop and eat here. Check out their website for hours open.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We wanted to try a new restaurant and heard excellent things about this spot. All the food was made with fresh, local ingredients and did not disappoint! The staff were friendly, attentive and made sure we enjoyed our experience. The inside of the restaurant had such cute decor that was a mixture of cozy, yet very modern and spacious. This seems like a very popular spot based on how many people were there - will definitely be back!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

The meal and service was exceptional from beginning to end. The bacon crostini was wonderful. For the main course I had the mushroom pasta and my husband had the pork chop. Everything was terrific. Open Eats is a reason in itself to visit Summerside PEI. We will be back!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Casual, trendy atmosphere, friendly outgoing staff and absolutely delicious food! Perfect place for dining out with friends or a partner! I have also visited with my staff for lunch - no one is ever disappointed at Open Eats! It is an amazing gem in Summerside! Thanks Natalie and Alex for exceptional service and great conversation!