“All I've ever had is the seafood chowder”
Review of Hunter's Ale House

Hunter's Ale House
Ranked #26 of 282 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub style restaurant with large patios flanking the corner property. Menu includes many variations on classic pub favorites (ask for the chicken curry nachos). Dine in and enjoy live entertainment nightly in the heart of beautiful downtown Charlottetown.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I come here every time I'm in Charlottetown, and I'd love to be able to tell you more about it, but all I've ever tried is the seafood chowder. It is hands-down, the best seafood chowder I've ever had. Big chunks of seafood (I'm pretty sure there was a whole lobster in my last one) with the freshest and tastiest PEI potatoes. Every. single. time.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Our first stop in Charlottetown. Found it by accident as we were trying to find our hotel. It looked like a good place to eat and it was.
Staff were excellent and offered pointers on what was good on the menu.
It all seemed like it was good and the prices were excellent.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Wow is all I can say. Great food at great prices and the atmosphere is very comfortable. The only complaint I have is there was too much tasty food to choose from!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

A local store clerk recommended and she was right. We split the Seafood Platter at $37.29, but between the two of us it was way more than we could eat. The mussels were small, but the oysters, shrimp, scallops and haddock were excellent.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My friends and I were walking Charlottetown, when came upon Hunters Ale House which is on one corner of Hunter’s Corner. It is a very friendly place with just fabulous food. There were three of us and we shared the meal. We had the best seafood chowder we have ever eaten. Additionally, all of us had eaten fish and chips in London and were very disappointed. The fish and chips we had here exceeded our expectations. The fish was crispy with a large helping of fries. The beer was cold. All three of us left very full and happy. We were on a cruise and had all manner of food available to us , but this made our day.