“The best Chinese Food in Town.”
Review of China Garden

China Garden
Ranked #176 of 292 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I love, love, love this spot to eat. If you are in Charlottetown and near Queen Street do yourself a favor and drop in, you won't be sorry I guarantee it. This is one of my favorite spots to eat in Charlottetown especially if you like Chinese Food and who doesn't. First let me tell you this, upon entering this restaurant expect to see and older type setting, it is an older property in Charlottetown and kept in its rustic setting. It is very clean and neat. The owners and the staff are very nice. They are quick to seat you and once your order goes in it is very quick to come out to you. I love their food, they go the extra mile to make sure that you are very happy. They make everything there themselves and the egg rolls are out of this world, always fresh made and always served first , hot and tasty. They make their own wrappers and it shows, yum. Next, comes your main meal, they serve it hot and quick, right after you finish the egg roll they are right there with the main dishes. I usually order the dinner for 1 with an extra egg roll for myself and my husband and believe me there is plenty for the two of us and they always make sure each dish is served up in an even amount, eg. chicken balls you'll get 6, three each and they are yum. White chicken breast in a batter served up crisp and hot and with a sauce, cherry or pineapple your choice and they are great, large ones for sure. The chicken fried rice is about the best I've had on PEI and it is always fresh with chicken breast in the rice, steaming hot and very tasty, the ribs are really good, falling off the bones and dripping with flavor and juice, best I have ever eaten for sure and the cashew chicken is by far the best you'll ever eat and you get lots of it with large pieces of chicken breast meat in it with the veg's and the water chestnuts, seriously good eating and you'll be full when you finish this feast and you'll eat every bit of it. The coffee is always made fresh when you order it and it is really good, you can judge a good cook by the good coffee they serve. The staff is very friendly and well trained and very quick. The owners are usually there and working right along with the staff and they are great to talk too as well, they make you feel welcome and and you will want to go back for sure. So if you are in the Charlottetown do yourself a favor and give this place a try. You'll see a lot of take out orders going out of here as they are very busy with them every day I go I see quite a few take out going out the door. If you drop in , tell them you read this review and that a gal named Judith from the east end of the island recommends this spot to everyone.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Went here before the show at the guild. The waitress was very nice and made sure our needs were met. The food was good. Chicken balls were great as well as the egg rolls. The sweet and sour spare rubs were okay. The chicken fried rice was very good. The food came quickly and we got to the show in plenty of time.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We always enjoy our family dinners at China Garden. Their sweet and sour chicken balls are out of this world! Service is always friendly and the food is delicious! The restaurant is well located right on queen street in downtown Charlottetown, PEI.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We are family of 4 and the kids fancied chinese food for lunch. We are not from Charlottetown and tried this restaurant. Terrible experience! It was not busy at all but it took for ever to get the attention of the waitress. For the most parts she was in the kitchen, unavailable for customers. We ordered chicken in sweet and sour sauce and it the sauce looked and tasted more like some cherry cake filling...
Any other Chinese or oriental restaurant in Charlottetown must be better. Avoid this place!!

1  Thank Odin301
Reviewed 12 August 2016

We went to this restaurant late one evening, after Anne of Green Gables (musical). Very few restaurants were still open, so we "settled" for Chinese food! We were pleasantly surpised! The food was delicious. Service was very friendly. Prices were very accurate.