“Lunch”

Terre Rouge Bistro Marche
Ranked #20 of 289 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Terre Rouge is a craft kitchen style restaurant, located in the heart of beautiful downtown Charlottetown PEI. We specialize in fresh local ingredients directly from the farm to the table. Our food and cocktail scene is one of the best on the Island. Terre Rouge was the first restaurant to make Canada's top 100 list on PEI. We were voted number 86 and still remain one of the only two places on PEI to ever make that list. With our inspiration coming from the amazing food and people of Prince Edward Island we have created a dining experience like no other. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I was looking around in Charlottetown And I came hungry I went into this bistro for a quick lunch. I ordered a white wine; a blend from Oregon and clamp chowder. Very good wine and the chowder was excellent, but a small but... There were very little clamps in the chowder wich is a pitty At some more clamps and are you dish is terrific. Service was excellent as well.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The food was delicious and the menu was appealing, my only complaint was the service was a little slow+

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We came here to try their deserts, they were so delicious but also very well presented on the plates! The chai crème brûlée was so so good and the service was awesome!!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

This place was once selected as Canada's top 100 restaurant few years ago but no longer make the list, which I'm not surprised

Food is mediocre at best, nothing special. We tried their special menu as there is a chef competition going on whether each restaurant creates specific dish for people to vote. For such a specially created dish there's nothing that wow me or makes me want to go back again. Also when we got there it is extremely hot and stiff. It wasn't until almost the end of our dinner that they eventually turned on the AC. Food flies were flying around me the whole time we dined there in the heat. It was not good.

I won't go back again and won't recommend to anyone else.

TerreRougePEI, Public Relations Manager at Terre Rouge Bistro Marche, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Terre Rouge thanks you for your feed back! It is too bad that you did not enjoy your visit, we try to make sure every guest leaves with a smile on. The Best of Sea competition you may be referring to is a great opportunity for island chefs to try new things a bit outside the box all the while exhibiting our local seafood. Because of this sometimes the flavors can be a bit "different". As winners of last years competition and because of the overall positive reviews we have been receiving about the dish we are sorry to hear that this years flavors did not live up to your expectations. Terre Rouge has been working hard to ensure that all of our guests have a good experience.
As with your issue with it being too hot, generally we have our front doors open while our patio is open and if this is the case we do not have the AC as we try to be energy efficient. But if a guest ever does request the AC be turned on we would happily accommodate them. We do not feel we have a fly issue but the occasional bug does wander in because we do enjoy having the doors open in the summer. We apologize that the unwanted guests caused you such distress.

We sincerely apologize for your experience and we hope that you will give us a second chance. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Cheers,

Terre Rouge

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

... and just as the beauty of PEI consumes the senses Terre Rouge steps out front. Unexpected, on it's own and with delightful flair. Dumplings were incredible as was the mac and cheese adjudicated by our 13 year old. I consent. The lobster cannoli was inventive, unique and flavorful. It was delightful to my senses and obstructionist to my waistline. Alas the bone marrow was served partially cold - robbing a perfect score. Nonetheless, this is best-of-breed. Voss recommends.

TerreRougePEI, Public Relations Manager at Terre Rouge Bistro Marche, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for visiting Terre Rouge! We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we will watch out for that cooler marrow.

Cheers,