“Delicious!”

Mr. Sushi
Ranked #68 of 282 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and I really enjoyed the food experience. The Chicken and bee teriyaki was outstanding along with the Wonton soup and spring rolls. I even made sure I told the owner about how the food compared to some of the Oriental/Japanese restaurants in Ohio, USA. Mr. Sushi's food was fresh and so tasty without the thick starchy sauces we have encountered at other restaurants. Thank you Mr. Sushi's restaurant. Mmmmmmm!

1  Thank Lynne P

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I should have known better than to order seafood ramen, when the ramen looked more like instant noodles than the real Japanese ramen in the menu photo. For $16, which is way more than I'd pay for a good quality bowl of authentic Japanese ramen back home in Calgary, I decided to give it a shot. It is ramen from a "Japanese" restaurant after all, right? Nope. When the noodles came, it was clearly a dressed-up bowl of Shin Ramyun... instant Korean noodles. Sure, there were half a dozen of fresh mussels, a couple of shrimp and a couple rings of calamari but it certainly did not justify the $15+ markup on a cheap instant noodle. The soup was also way too hot, making me thing they really simply boiled some water, cooked the noodles, and added the seasoning and seafood to finish.

I also ordered the takoyaki to start, which was undercooked (too soft and gooey) and way overdressed with Japanese mayo and sauce. Taste was good, however.

I never received the water I asked for and we were never checked on during our meal. We sat around waiting for someone to ask if there was anything else we'd like, but then we got tired of waiting and went up to pay instead.

Our meal came to $62 which is not cheap for a cheap bowl of instant noodles topped with some seafood, takoyaki, chirashi, a can of beer and tea. For that money, we could get great quality sushi or 4-5 bowls of authentic Japanese ramen.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We're from Toronto so we have high expectation on sushi, sushi are fresh but pricey, we can get the same item in Toronto for half the price. However we can't expect more since there are not much sushi place in Charlottetown. We probably will not return.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The best spot in Charlottetown for sushi ! Fresh, fast and fabulous !
The rolls are freshly made and so tasty ! Comparable to West Coast sushi !
The Charlottetown roll is our favourite followed by the Crispy crunch !
Although the décor is a mix and mash of previous owners... the food is certainly new !
Best sushi in PEI !

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Of my two week stay in PEI I went to this restaurant most nights for dinner. Staff are very friendly. They have a bar like space for solo diners like myself. And the food is fresh. Location wise it is great as it is only a few meters from the Holman Grand where I stayed.