“Despite the name, doesn't feel like a chain restaurant”
Review of Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi
Ranked #70 of 268 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 26 September 2016

The name turned me off for a while, but when i got around to visiting I was really pleased with the bright,atmosphere of the restaurant. It is divided into sections on different levels, which is nice too, as there is a cosy feel to the space. Love the citrus tea - citron tea. A great choice if you don't want caffeine. Really good sushi too. Also enjoyed the edamame as an appetizer. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We were seated right away and spent about 15 minutes pouring through the large menu of Korean and Japanese dishes. I had dolsot veggie bibimbap and a veggie crunch roll while my husband had a tuna roll, wonton soup, chicken fried rice and kimchi. Honestly, I wasn't expecting such delicious Japanese food in Charlottetown but we sure ate a yummy dinner! With green tea, our bill came to $64.64. Less than what I'd expect to pay when visiting Calgary or Vancouver but the food was on par. Give this place a try! They offer gluten free options as well as vegetarian.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I each ordered one of the mixed sushi dinners. The fish was very fresh, but the rice had too much liquid in it and was mushy. And the presentation was sloppy - pieces of fish weren't cut to the right length to fit the cakes of rice on which they were perched. I've had sushi all over the world, and this is not how it is supposed to look or taste.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We stopped here for a quick bite to eat. The two avocado/cucumber rolls that I got were warm (a little bit more than room temperature). This was very underwhelming as the coolness of a sushi roll is it's most comforting feeling to me. I also got an order of spring rolls (that were unfortunately still cold in the very middle). My order of Edamame, however was fantastic and served piping hot! I wish that this was all I had ordered as I would have left extremely impressed instead of underwhelmed. My husband (who is not a sushi fan at all, but goes because it's my favourite) had an order to chicken garage (?) which he said was fantastic and was very impressed with. I didn't try any though so can't speak to it further than the above. Wouldn't rush back if I found myself in Charlottetown again. But it wasn't the worst.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Our family greatly enjoys Mr. Sushi. Kids 10 & 8 have requested this restaurant several times. My son has chosen to celebrate his birthday dinner here twice and the staff have played a birthday song for him as well presently him with a birthday dish complimentary. Sushi is always fresh and delicious. Staff is great. Love Mr. Sushi!